- The media learned on Friday that Yutaka Wada already spoke to Tortani and asked him to stay. Their meeting took place after the Nippon Series.
- Softbank Hawks' president and acting owner Yoshimitsu Goto does not personally believe it is necessary to negotiate terms with Kaneko that include posting options. The Hawks have never posted a player of their own and would probably rather avoid setting a precedent.
- The Hanshin Tigers are also not planning to include any special terms for posting, certainly nothing after just one or two years. The Tigers have made it a point not to post players, with one exception: Kei Igawa.
- The Tigers could go up to four years on a offer to Kaneko.
- The Chunichi Dragons might be willing to post Kaneko after one year. They once posted Akinori Otsuka a year after they obtained him in a money trade with Kintetsu.
- The Orix Buffaloes would like to meet Kaneko for negotiations before the end of the year.
- Kaneko and team official Ryuzo Setoyama could meet on the 24th. Both are slated to be at Kyocera Dome for fan appreciation day.
- Kaneko could submit a request to be posted some time after the winter meetings in December.
- The Orix Buffaloes may be the front runners to land Koyano. Their offer was apparently better than the two-year, 200 million yen offer the Seibu Lions made.
Source: Nikkan Sports 11/22/2014
- Obiki will most likely end up selecting the number 2 because he wanted to respect the seriousness that comes from wearing the number 1.
- Obiki's press conference with the Yakult Swallows will most likely take place some time in early December.
Source: Sanspo 11/22/2014