Spring camp games from February 19.
- Ryosuke Oguma started the game for Chunichi and gave up a run on five hits over three innings of work.
- Toshiya Sugiuchi got the start for Yomiuri and gave up a run on two hits over two innings. He surrendered a run in the 1st on an RBI single to third round draft pick Shota Tomonaga. He struck out two and retired the side in order in the 2nd.
- Yuki Koyama was tossed in the 4th inning for throwing a dangerous pitch to fourth round draft pick Shun Ishikawa. The ball hit Ishikawa in the helmet. Koyama was also involved in a collision while trying to cover first base before he hit Ishikawa.
- Itaru Hashimoto went 3-for-4.
- Taishi Ota started in center and batted clean-up. He went 2-for-5, including strikeouts in his first two trips to the plate and an RBI triple to right-center and an RBI single to left.
Source: official report (Yomiuri), official report (Chunichi), Nikkan Sports 2/19/2015, Nikkan Sports 2/19/2015, Nikkan Sports 2/19/2015, Nikkan Sports 2/20/2015, Sponichi 2/19/2015, Sanspo 2/19/2015, Sanspo 2/20/2015, Sponichi 2/19/2015
- Takumi Akiyama started the game for Hanshin and gave up six runs on six hits over two innings of work. He gave up two runs in the 1st on an RBI double to Yuhei and an RBI single to Kazuhiro Hatakeyama. He then surrendered four runs in the second on a two-run home run to Yuhei Nakamura and a two-run single to Lastings Milledge.
- Yuta Iwasada relieved Akiyama and gave up a run on three hits over three innings. He topped out at 145km/h and struck out three.
- Hiroya Shimamoto took over after Iwasada and tossed a shutout inning in relief.
- Masahiro Nakatani (Hanshin) entered the game on defense in the 8th and hit a three-run home run in the 9th off Yuto Koyama to tie the game at nine.
- Fumiya Hojo (Hanshin) hit a two-run double in the 8th.
- Fourth round draft pick Tetsuya Terada started the game for Yakult and gave up two runs on four hits over two innings of work. He gave up a two-run double to Takashi Shimizu in the 2nd inning.
- Sixth round draft pick Hiroaki Doi (Yakult) gave up three runs on three hits over two innings.
- Keiji Obiki started at short and batted seventh for Yakult. He went 2-for-3 with two RBI. He hit a single to right in the 2nd, a solo home run to left in the 3rd, ans a sac fly to right in the 7th.
- NPB commissioner Katsuhiko Kumazaki was in attendance.
Source: official report (Yakult), Sponichi 2/19/2015, Sponichi 2/19/2015, Chunichi Sports 2/19/2015, Nikkan Sports 2/19/2015, Nikkan Sports 2/20/2015, Nikkan Sports 2/20/2015, Sanspo 2/19/2015, Sanspo 2/19/2015, Sanpso 2/19/2015, Sanspo 2/20/2015, Daily Sports 2/19/2015, Daily Sports 2/19/2015, Daily Sports 2/19/2015
- First round draft pick Yasuaki Yamasaki started the game. He gave up five runs on eight hits over four innings of work.
- Kentaro Takasaki tossed four shutout innings in relief. He allowed two hits.
- Yoshitomo Tsutsugo went 2-for-4 with four RBI. He hit a two-out, three-run home run in the 5th inning and a two-out, RBI double to left in the 7th.
- Jose Lopez got the start at first and batted fifth. He hit a solo home run to left in the 4th.
- Luis Mendoza started the game and gave up one run on three hits over three innings of work.
- Sho Nakata got the start at first and batted clean-up. He hit a two-run homer in his second at bat in the 3rd inning.
- Kensuke Tanaka started at second and batted second. He recorded a double to left-center in his first at bat in the 1st inning and a double to left-center in this second at bat in the 3rd inning. He also recorded a single to center in the 4th.
- Haruki Nishikawa, Sho Nakata, and Atsushi Kita all hit home runs for the Fighters.
- Shohei Otani entered the game as a pinch-hitter in the 5th and went 1-for-2 with a walk and an RBI.
Nippon Ham Pitching