Spring camp games from February 25.
- Toshiya Sugiuchi started the game and tossed three shutout innings. He gave up three hits, walked one, and struck out six.
- Ryosuke Miyaguni entered the game in the 6th. He gave up a run on three hits over three innings of work.
- Yoshiyuki Kamei started in right and batted third. He recorded two doubles: double to left in his third at bat in the 6th and a double to left-center in his fourth at bat in the 8th.
- Yoshinobu Takahashi was the starting designated hitter and batted fifth. He hit a single to center in his first trip to the plate in the 2nd.
- With a runner on third and two out in the 8th, Shuichi Murata tied the game at three with a timely hit to right. Murata entered the game as a pinch-hitter in the 6th with a runner on third and two out and worked out a walk.
- Kenta Maeda started the game for the Reds and gave up a run (unearned) on one hit over two innings. He faced nine hitters, threw thirty-one pitches, and topped out at 146km/h. He threw eleven vertical sliders (new pitch he has been working on) in the low- to mid-120s.
- Tsubasa Aizawa was the starting catcher for the Reds.
- First round draft pick Kazuma Okamoto was the starting designated hitter for Yomiuri and batted sixth. He went 1-for-3 with an RBI: HR, E6, BB, K. The home run came off Nagisa Arakaki in the 2nd with two out and none on.
- Masaki Sakaguchi recorded five RBI, including a three-run home run in the 6th.
- Satoshi Nagai started the game for Rakuten and gave up three runs on seven hits over three innings.
- Kazutomo Aihara relieved Nagai and gave up five runs on five hits over two innings.
- Keiji Uezono followed Aihara and gave up three runs on five hits over three innings.
- Bryan Bullington started the game for Orix and tossed three shutout innings while allowing three hits. He gave up one hit in each inning: a two out single to center to Ginji in the 1st, a one out triple to left-center to Hiroaki Shimauchi in the 2nd, and a lead-off single to center to Toshihito Abe in the 3rd.
- Takahiro Matsuba tossed three shutout innings in relief. He gave up one hit and walked two.
- Shunta got the start in right for Orix and batted lead-off. He went 3-for-5 with four RBI.
- Hiroyuki Nakajima got the start at third and batted clean-up. He went 1-for-2 with an RBI: walked in his first at bat and hit an RBI single to center off Satoshi Nagai in the 3rd. He moved over to first base in the 2nd.
- Eighth round draft pick Yuya Oda started in left and batted eighth for Orix. He went 4-for-5 with three RBI: double to center in the 2nd, RBI single to left in the 5th, single to right in the 7th, two-run single to left in the 8th.
- Shoitsu Omatsu entered the game on defense in the 4th. He went 3-for-3 (single to left, single to center, RBI double to right) with an RBI.
- Shohei Yoshihara hit Seibu's Masatoshi Okada near the back of the head with a pitch in the 2nd inning. Okada was replaced by a pinch-runner and taken to a hospital in Miyazaki.
- Wade LeBlanc started the game for Seibu and gave up a run on five hits over three innings of work.
- Fumikazu Kimura got the start in right for Seibu and went 4-for-5 with two RBI.
- Naomichi Umeda started in left for Seibu and went 2-for-4: triple to right-center in the 2nd and a single to right in the 5th.
- Jason Standridge started the game and tossed a shutout inning while giving up two hits.
- Shingo Tatsumi relieved Standridge and tossed three shutout innings.
- Yuya Iida followed Tatsumi and struck out six over three innings of work, including three in a row in the 7th. He did not allow any runs or hits.
- Barbaro Canizares hit a solo home run to left in the 8th. He also recorded a single to left in his first trip to the plate in the 6th (entered as a pinch-hitter) and went 2-for-2 in the game.
- Akira Nakamura got the start at first and batted second. He went 2-for-2 with a double: single to left in the 1st and an RBI double to right in the 3rd (came around to score on a Seiichi Uchikawa double).
JX-ENEOS 6 - Softbank 3
- Hayato Terahara entered the game in the 6th and gave up two runs on five hits over three innings of work. He topped out at 148km/h.
Source: Daily Sports 2/26/2015
Rakuten 2 - Saibu Gas 0
- Kodai Hamaya tossed three shutout innings in relief. He did not allow any hits and struck out four.
- Fourth round draft pick Fernando Luciano got the start in right and batted third. He recorded two hits and an RBI. With a runner on second and two out in the 6th, he hit an RBI double to right.
Tags: Chiba Lotte Marines, Hiroshima Carp, Orix Buffaloes, Rakuten Eagles, Seibu Lions, Softbank Hawks, SP Games, Yakult Swallows, Yomiuri Giants