Spring camp games from February 28.
- HIR: Daichi Osera started the game and gave up three runs (one earned) on four hits over three innings of work. He surrendered two home runs in the 3rd: a two-run home run to Haruki Nishikawa and a solo home run to Sho Nakata. He threw sixty pitches.
- HIR: Yusuke Nomura followed Osera and gave up two runs over three innings and struck out six, including three in a row in the 5th.
- HAM: Luis Mendoza started the game and tossed five shutout innings. He allowed two hits and struck out four.
- HAM: Haruki Nishikawa got the start in left and batted lead-off. He went 2-for-4 with two RBI. He hit a two-run home run off Daichi Osera in the 3rd inning.
- HAM: Sho Nakata started and first and batted clean-up. He went 1-for-3 with an RBI. He also hit a home run off Daichi, a two-out solo shot in the 3rd.
- HAM: Shohei Otani was the starting designated hitter and batted fifth. He went 0-for-2: fly out to center in the 2nd, strikeout swinging in the 3rd.
- HAM: Ryo Watanabe (1-for-2) and Shingo Ishikawa (1-for-1) also hit home runs in the game.
Nippon Ham Pitching
Source: official report (Nippon Ham), Nikkan Sports 2/28/2015, Daily Sports 2/28/2015, Daily Sports 2/28/2015, Daily Sports 2/28/2015, Sports Hochi 2/28/2015, Sports Hochi 2/28/2015, Sports Hochi 2/28/2015, Sponichi 2/28/2015
- ORI: Daiki Tomei tossed five shutout innings, gave up two hits, and struck out seven.
- ORI: Seventh round draft pick Masahiro Nishino got the start at third an batted second. He went 2-for-4.
- HAN: Shintaro Fujinami started the game and did not allow a run over five innings of work. He gave up three hits, walked two, and struck out five. He topped out at 152km/h.
- HAN: Ryoma Matsuda entered the game in the 8th and did not allow a run over an inning of work. He did not allow a hit, walked one, and struck out two. He threw eighteen pitches, all fastballs, and topped out at 151km/h.
- HAN: Shintaro Yokota started in center and batted lead-off. He flied out to right in the 1st and struck out swinging in the 3rd. He hit a one-out, single to left in the 6th. He finished 1-for-4.
- HAN: Fumiya Hojo got the start at short and batted ninth. He went 1-for-3.
Source: official report (Orix), Daily Sports 2/28/2015, Daily Sports 2/28/2015, Daily Sports 2/28/2015, Daily Sports 2/28/2015, Daily Sports 3/1/2015, Sponichi 2/28/2015, Sponichi 3/1/2015, Nikkan Sports 2/28/2015, Sanspo 3/1/2015
- The offense scored eleven runs on eighteen hits.
- Shoichi Ino started the game and tossed four shutout innings while allowing two hits.
- Daisuke Miura relived Ino and gave up a run over two innings in relief. The run came on a solo home run in the 6th and was the only hit he allowed.
- Yuta Kakita allowed two runs on four hits, including a two-run home run in the 7th, over two innings in relief.
- Third round draft pick Toshihiko Kuramoto recorded three hits.
- Fifth round draft pick Koki Yamashita entered the game on defense at second in the 5th. He went 2-for-2 at the plate: single to center to lead-off the 6th and a two-out, RBI double to right in the 7th.
- Yoshitomo Tsutsugo recorded three hits and three RBI. Left after he collided into the first baseman while running out an infield grounder in the 4th.