Updates from July 18:
- The Central League recorded sixteen hits against the Pacific League on July 17. It was the sixth time the CL notched sixteen or more hits in a game in NPB history, first since the league bashed out seventeen in 2009 (Game 1). The all-time high of twenty-three was set by the CL in 2001 (Game 2). The all-time high for the PL is eighteen, set in 2014 (Game 2). The CL is 6-0-1 in their last seven Game 1's going back to 2009.
- Through July 17, Tatsunori Hara is 7-4-3 as manager of the Central League.
- Yokohama's Jose Lopez became the first Yokohama player to record a modasho during an All-Star game since Seiichi Uchikawa hit four in 2008 (Game 2); and the first foreign Yokohama player to record a modasho since Robert Rose hit three in 19999 (Game 2).
- Yokohama's Yasuaki Yamasaki arrived about an hour late to the players association meeting on July 17. He also forgot his uniform belt and had to borrow one from the Yomiuri Giants.
- On July 17, Yokohama's Yoshitomo Tsutsugo became the first player to bat clean-up in his debut All-Star game and record a hit in his very first plate appearance.
- Hiroshima's Hiroki Kuroda threw thirty-five pitches in the bullpen at Tokyo Dome on July 17.
- At twenty-one years and three months, Hanshin's Shintaro Fujinami became the youngest pitcher to win an All-Star MVP on July 17. The previous record of twenty-two years and two months was set by Yutaka Enatsu in 1970. Fujinami became the first Tiger to record an win during an All-Star game since Tomoyuki Kubota in 2007 (Game 1) and the youngest Hanshin to record a win during an All-Star game. He became the sixteenth pitcher in NPB history to toss three perfect innings during an All-Star game, first since Katsuki Akagawa in 2012 (Game 3); and the third pitcher in franchise history to toss three perfect innings. The other two Tigers that tossed three perfect innings: Jiro Ueda in 1970 (Game 3) and Yutaka Enatsu in 1971 (Game 1).
- Yomiuri's Shinnosuke Abe hit a solo home run on July 17. Yomiuri players have now launched fity-six home runs during an All-Star game. Abe has hit two home runs during an All-Star game over his career (Game 2, 2007 and Game 1, 2015). Eight All-Star games have been played at Tokyo Dome. Abe's home run was the first by a Giant at Tokyo Dome.
- Nippon Ham's Shohei Otani threw two slow curves on July 17 that he has never thrown (does not plan on throwing) during the regular season.
Source: Sports Hochi 7/18/2015, Sponichi 7/18/2015, Sponichi 7/18/2015, Sponichi 7/18/2015, Sponichi 7/18/2015, Sponichi 7/18/2015, Sanspo 7/18/2015, Sanspo 7/18/2015, Sanspo 7/18/2015, Sanspo 7/18/2015, Sanspo 7/18/2015, Chunichi Sports 7/18/2015, Nikkan Sports 7/18/2015, Nikkan Sports 7/18/2015,