- The Giants extended their winning streak to twelves games at Tokyo Dome on September 26 and set a new franchise record for longest winning streak at Tokyo Dome. Since 1952, the Giants have recorded winning streaks of twelve or more at home three other times in franchise history, all at Korakuen Stadium: twelve between June and July 1966, thirteen between July and August 1967, and fifteen (including one tie) between April and June 1983. Source: Sanspo 9/27/2015 ... The streak ended on September 27 with a 2-1 loss to the Yakult Swallows.
- Ni-gun home attendance (fifty-one games) increased thirty-six percent to 56,196 this year. Source: Sanspo 9/27/2015
- The Tigers no longer have a shot at finishing in first place in the Central League after their 5-2 loss to Hiroshima on September 27. Source: Sports Hochi 9/27/2015, Daily Sports 9/27/2015, Nikkan Sports 9/27/2015
- There is room for Nelson Perez on the active roster after Seung-Hwan Oh was removed on September 26 with tightness in his right adductor. Source: Daily Sports 9/27/2015 ... The Tigers are planning to add Perez to the active roster on September 28. Source: Sanpso 9/27/2015
- Masahiro Yamamoto could try to make the active roster in time for a two-game series against Hiroshima that begins on October 1. It would be his last chance to pitch in a game after turning fifty. He could face one hitter. Source: Nikkan Sports 9/27/2015