The Yakult Swallows beat the Hanshin Tigers in extra innings on a walk-off hit to right by Yuhei in the bottom of the 11th.
- The Swallows picked up their seventh pennant, first since 2001. It was the first time they clinched at Jingu since 1997.
- Mitsuru Manaka was tossed into the air seven times after the game. Team official Tsuyoshi Kinugasa (five times), Masanori Ishikawa (three times), Shohei Tateyama (three times), and Kazuhiro Hatakeyama (three times) were among the others that were also tossed into the air.
- Manaka is the nineteen first-year manager to win a pennant.
- A team won a pennant on a walk-off for the first time in NPB history since Softbank on October 2, 2014, and the first time in Central League history since Yomiuri on October 2, 2007.
- The Swallows are the fifth team since 1950 to go from last to first in back-to-back seasons. The other four teams: Taiyo in 1960, Hiroshima in 1975, Yomiuri in 1976, and Kintetsu in 2001. Manaka is the only first-year manager since 1950 to win a pennant with a team that finished in last place the previous season.
- The team celebrated on the field in front of the fans on top of a blue protective tarp that was laid out on top of the turf.
[UPDATE 10/3 @ 3:49am]
- Yakult products will go on sale. (official announcement)
- Thirteen Aeon stores in the Tokyo area will hold sales between October 3 and 5.
- Seven-Eleven stores in the Tokyo area will hold a three-day sale, beginning at midnight on October 4.
- Tokyu Department stores will hold a five-day sale, beginning on October 4.
Source: Sanspo 10/2/2015
Tags: Yakult Swallows