According to various media reports, Tatsunori Hara met Yomiuri Giants' official Tsunekazu Momoi after tonight's loss against the Yakult Swallows and submitted his intent to resign. The organization will hold a formal meeting on with Hara on October 19 to confirm his decision.
[UPDATE 10/18 @ 6:14am]
A couple notes and some quotes:
- Hara informed the organization after Saturday's loss to the Yakult Swallows that he wanted to resign and make this his last season.
- He will formally submit his resignation and provide an explanation of his decision when he meets the team owner and other top officials on October 19.
- He believes the organization will set up a press conference for him. He will answer questions and talk about things that led up to his decision.
- "Things have not really gone well with the team the last three years. There has been a gradual decline. For many years, they let me manage this team, so maybe it is about time. This team needs new blood. I do not know who the new manager will be, but I leave it up to them. That is was I told the organization. That a new manager should take over for the Giants. It would be best for the Giants, and it would be best for pro yakyu. I asked them to let me resign and make this my last season."
- "The team has not done very well the last few years. There have been difficult memories and happy memories, to me, they are also wonderful memories."