The Yomiuri Giants held a press conference at the Palace Hotel in Tokyo on October 26 to introduce Yoshinobu Takahashi as their new manager.
- Fifteen television cameras and over 200 members of the media covered the press conference.
- He sat between owner Kojiro Shiraishi and president Hiroshi Kubo.
- He played the last few years thinking the next moment might be his last.
- He was not sure if this was the right time to retire, but then just decided to go all in, forget the uncertainties, and accept the managerial position.
- He made the decision as quickly as possible because he knew the team was already preparing for the 2016 season and needed a reply fast. And if he was going to do it anyway, then it might end up being better for him to start sooner rather than later.
- He wants to build the team around players like Shinnosuke Abe, Hisayoshi Chono, Hayato Sakamoto, Tomoyuki Sugano, and Tetsuya Utsumi.
- He is the eighteenth manager in franchise history.
- He is the first person to become manager of the Giants immediately after retiring since Shigeo Nagashima in 1975.
- He will join the team during fall practices on October 28.
- He will wear the uniform number 24.
- The two sides agreed on a three-year deal.
- Hideki Matsui and Nagashima are fully behind Takahashi.
- Every manager in the Central League will be in their forties next year.
- Players he learned from: Kenshin Kawakami and Hideki Matsui.
- Memorable games as a player: he remembers his first plate appearance and his first home run at Tokyo Dome.
Source: official announcement, Sanspo 10/26/2015, Sanspo 10/26/2015, Sponichi 10/27/2015, Sponichi 10/26/2015, Daily Sports 10/26/2015, Chunichi Sports 10/26/2015, Tokyo Sports 10/26/2015, Nikkan Sports 10/27/2015, Nikkan Sports 10/27/2015, Nikkan Sports 10/26/2015