Samurai Japan Updates
- Samurai Japan prepared tablets with data on players from other countries and handed them out to players. Source: Nikkan Sports 11/1/2015
- Shogo Akiyama is taking notes on paper and plans to keep them handy during games. Source: Sponichi 11/1/2015
- Shohei Otani could get the opening game start against Korea at Sapporo Dome on November 8. Source: Sponichi 11/1/2015
- Ryosuke Hirata played in a practice game against the Shikoku Island League on November 1. He got the start in left and batted clean-up. He went 1-for-2 with a walk. Source: Nikkan Sports 11/1/2015
- Yuki Nishi will be used as a reliever. Source: Nikkan Sports 11/2/2015
- Kenta Imamiya was a last minute replacement. He told reporters on November 2 that he was unprepared and in the middle of going through his fall camp routine when he found out he made the roster as an alternate. Source: Nikkan Sports 11/2/2015
- Kenta Maeda is the "ace" of the staff. Source: Nikkan Sports 11/2/2015
- Motohiro Shima was named the team captain. Source: Nikkan Sports 11/2/2015
Notes from Sponichi interview with Hiroki Kokubo
- Samurai Japan will live and die with its starting pitchers.
- Potential starting pitchers: Shohei Otani, Kenta Maeda, Tomoyuki Sugano, and Shota Takeda. Takahiro Norimoto could be used as either a starter or an arm out of the bullpen.
- Starters for the fourth and fifth game of the tournament have yet to be decided. The Game 1 starter has already been informed.
- Kokubo had access to a tablet with film from every Ichi-gun game. He spent a lot of time with his selections.
- Kenta Imamiya in for Yuki Yanagita (left medial condyle bone contusion). Source: official announcement
- Yanagita pulled out of the Premier 12 because of a bad left knee. He was hoping to play in the tournament, but doctors advised against it after he was examined at a hospital in Fukuoka on October 30. He originally suffered the injury when he was hit by a pitch during a Lotte game on September 26. Source: Nikkan Sports 11/1/2015, Sponichi 11/1/2015
- Akira Nakamura in for Seiichi Uchikawa (left rib fracture). Source: official announcement
- Samurai Japan gathered at a hotel in Fukuoka on November 2.
- Practices will begin on November 3.
- The team will play practices games against Puerto Rico at YafuOku Dome on November 5 and 6.
Source: Sponichi 11/2/2015