The Pacific League posted their preliminary schedule for the 2016 season today.
Some notes on the schedule:
- Orix will play two games at Okinawa Cellular Stadium Naha against Rakuten on June 28 and 29. It will be the first Pacific League regular season game in Okinawa since 1962.
- Opening day will take place on March 25
- Softbank vs Rakuten, Orix vs Seibu, Nippon Ham vs Lotte (home teams selected based on top three teams in 2013.
- One team will play 143 games
- 125 Pacific League games and 18 Inter-league games
- Three teams will play 63 games at home and 62 games on the road (Rakuten, Lotte, Orix)
- The other three teams will play 62 games at home and 63 games on the road (Nippon Ham, Seibu, Softbank)
- See Table 1 for more information
- Home away from home - the number of home games taking place at rural stadiums
- See Table 2 for more information
You can see the new schedules (in Japanese, without start times or complete venue information) at the official NPB site. Here are the direct links to each month.
And for the those that need it, here is the legend for what each of the letters stand for:
- F = Nippon Ham Fighters
- L = Seibu Lions
- H = Softbank Hawks
- E = Rakuten Eagles
- M = Chiba Lotte Marines
- Bs = Orix Buffaloes