Tag: 2500 Hits
Tomoaki Kanemoto recorded his 2,500th career hit tonight: top of the 7th inning, double off Shinji Iwata (Chunichi).
Some notes about the milestone:
- He is the seventh player in NPB history to record 2,000 hits.
- At forty-four years and two months, he also set a new record for being the old player to reach the milestone (the previous record of forty-three years and five months was held by Hiromitsu Kadota).
- He is the only player out of college to reach 2,500 hits.
- He recorded his first hit on August 8, 1993.
- He collected 1,179 hits with Hiroshima and 1,321 hits with Hanshin.
- He collected his 2,500th hit in his 2,517th game, which is one game quicker than Sadaharu Oh and puts him at fifth quickest to the mark.
- He has the second most hits after turning forty: Kadota (525), Kanemoto (505), Hiromitsu Ochiai (504).
Countdown to 2,500
|1||1||8/8/1993||Yakult||Tsutomu Yamada||Hiroshima Stadium|
|1,000||1014||9/2/2001||Yomiuri||Hideki Okajima||Hiroshima Stadium|
|1,500||1464||4/2/2005||Yakult||Yataro Sakamoto||Osaka Dome|
|2,500||2517||6/28/2012||Chunichi||Shinji Iwata||Nagoya Dome|