Tag: Akira Nakamura
by Gen on Jun.03, 2014 @ 6:13 pm, under NPB
Tags: Akira Nakamura, Atsunori Inaba, Hayato Terahara, Michel Abreu, Nippon Ham Fighters, Orix Buffaloes, Softbank Hawks, Tadashi Settsu, Yoshio Itoi
- Tadashi Settsu (right shoulder) threw fifty-six pitches in the bullpen on Monday. He is scheduled to start Wednesday's game against the Yomiuri Giants at YafuOku Dome. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/3/2014
- A batted ball bounced off the outfield wall during Sunday's game against Yakult and struck Akira Nakamura in the face. Nakamura was later diagnosed with a bruise on his right cheek. There were concerns about his vision due to swelling, but he appeared to be okay when he checked in with team trainers for treatment on Monday. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/3/2014 ... Nakamura was in the starting line-up on Tuesday.
- Hayato Terahara had surgery on his right knee on May 27. He was discharged from a hospital in Fukuoka on Tuesday. He is scheduled to begin his rehab on Wednesday. Source: Sponichi 6/3/2014, Nikkan Sports 6/3/2014
- Yoshio Itoi suffered a cut on his lower lip when a ball he hit bounced and struck him on the month during Sunday's game against Yomiuri. He needed three stitches to close the cut. They will be removed in about a week. He is not expected to miss any playing time. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/3/2014 ... Itoi was in the starting line-up on Tuesday.
Nippon Ham Fighters
- Atsunori Inaba (left knee) joined the Ichi-gun team for pre-game practices on Tuesday. "I am at 100 percent in terms of hitting. I still can't run at full speed. I have some pain with my first few steps," Inaba said. He will return to Ni-gun on Saturday and could play in a rehab game some time next week. Source: Sports Hochi 6/3/2014
- Michel Abreu might end up missing the first-half of the season with lower back pain. Abreu is currently getting treatment in the United States. There is still no timetable on when he might be able to resume practices or when he might be able to return to Japan. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/3/2014
Comments Off on [6/3/2014] Injury Report: Hayato Terahara (Softbank), Michel Abreu (Nippon Ham)
by Gen on Jun.01, 2014 @ 11:44 pm, under NPB
Tags: Akira Nakamura, Alessandro Maestri, Hanshin Tigers, Motoki Higa, Orix Buffaloes, Shinobu Fukuhara, Softbank Hawks, Wladimir Balentien, Yakult Swallows, Yoshio Itoi
- Shinobu Fukuhara (right adductor) pitched in a Ni-gun rehab game against Yomiuri on Saturday. He entered the game in the 7th and retired the side in order. He threw fourteen pitches and struck out one. He could join the Ichi-gun team in time for the Rakuten series at kobo Stadium that begins on the 3rd. Source: Sanspo 6/1/2014, Sponichi 6/1/2014 ... Fukuhara looked good during workouts at Naruohama on Sunday and is currently slated to join the Ichi-gun team on Monday. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/1/2014
- Wladimir Balentien reportedly tweaked his left Achilles tendon while running the bases in the 1st inning of Sunday's game against Softbank. He was replaced on defense in the 8th. Source: Sponichi 6/1/2014
- Akira Nakamura was hurt in Sunday's game against Yakult. Yuhei Nakamura hit a ball to left in the 7th inning. The ball bounced off the wall and struck Nakamura in the face. He came out of the game and was taken to the hospital. He was diagnosed with a bruise on his right cheek. He is having some difficulty seeing because of swelling in the area. He is considered day-to-day. Source: Sponichi 6/1/2014
- Yoshio Itoi fouled a ball off his mouth during his at bat in the 1st inning of Sunday's game against the Yomiuri Giants and suffered a cut on his lower lip. He was removed from the game and taken to the hospital. Source: Sanspo 6/1/2014, Daily Sports 6/1/2014 ... Itoi needed three stitches to close the cut on his lip. He is considered day-to-day. Source: Sports Hochi 6/1/2014 ... With a runner on second and one out in the 1st, Itoi hit a ball that bounced off an area near home plate and struck him in the face. He left the field for treatment and returned to finish out the at bat. He struck out. Source: Sponichi 6/1/2014
- Motoki Higa and Alessandro Maestri were taken off the active roster on Sunday. Higa started feeling pain in his left knee on Friday night. He was examined at a hospital in Koba on Saturday and diagnosed with inflammation in the knee. Maestri has a fever and swollen tonsils (tonsillitis). Source: Sanspo 6/1/2014, Daily Sports 6/1/2014
Comments Off on [6/1/2014] Injury Report: Wladimir Balentien (Yakult), Yoshio Itoi (Orix)
by Gen on Jan.22, 2012 @ 11:58 pm, under NPB
Tags: Akira Nakamura, Sho Iwasaki, Softbank Hawks
Akira Nakamura worked out at the Saitozaki training facilities today. His workouts included indoor soft-toss and running. Nakamura's goal for 2012: play in at least 100 games.
1st round draft pick Shota Takeda and 2nd round draft pick Shoji Yoshimoto spent some time signing autographs at the Saitozaki training facilities today.
Sho Iwasaki told reporters on Saturday that Yu Darvish (HAM) taught him how to throw a slider with vertical movement during their workouts in Miyazaki this year. He also went from 76kg (end of last season) to his current 84kg.
FYI: the slider is apparently thrown in much the same way a football is thrown.
Comments Off on Softbank Hawks: January 22, 2012