Tag: Bryan Bullington
by Gen on Nov.23, 2014 @ 4:16 am, under NPB
Tags: Bryan Bullington, Chunichi D, Hanshin Tigers, Hiroyuki Nakajima, Orix Buffaloes, Ryosuke Hirata, Shugo Fujii, Softbank Hawks, Takuro Ito, Wily Mo Pena, Yohei Oshima, Yomiuri Giants
The Hanshin Tigers likely sweetened their package to Hiroyuki Nakajima (32) by adding a fourth year to their three-year offer and the uniform number six. Source: Sanspo 11/22/2014
The Yomiuri Giants are close to finalizing contracts with Miles Mikolas (26) and Aaron Poreda (28). The only thing remaining is a standard drug test. Source: Sanspo 11/22/2014
The Toyama Thunderbirds (BC League) are interested in Yokohama senryokugai Takuro Ito (21). Toyama will most likely make a move on Ito if he does not receive any offers from NPB teams. Source: Sports Hochi 11/22/2014
Shugo Fujii (37) has received some player contract offers (independent league and overseas leagues), but none from the NPB. He has also received an offer to become a batting practice pitcher for the Yomiuri Giants. Source: Sponichi 11/22/2014
The Seibu Lions are currently checking the overseas market for starting arms. Source: Sponichi 11/22/2014
The Softbank Hawks announced that they re-signed Daichiro Ito (21), Takeshi Hosoyamada (28), Naoki Shirane (21) and Koki Kanno (22) to Ikusei contracts. They also signed Yokohama senryokugai Yujo Kitagata (20) to an Ikusei contract. He was assigned the number 137. Source: official announcement, Nikkan Sports 11/22/2014, Sports Hochi 11/22/2014
The Orix Buffaloes may be close to finalizing a contract with Bryan Bullington (34). An announcement could be made once Hiroshima removes him from their reserved list. Source: Nikkan Sports 11/22/2014
Buffaloes' official Ryuzo Setoyama told reporters on Friday that they made a formal offer for Wily Mo Pena (32) about five days go. It was their first official offer. Source: Daily Sports 11/22/2014
Yohei Oshima was offered an estimated seventy-four million yen during contract negotiations with Chunichi on Saturday. He placed the offer on hold because he felt his performance this season was worth more than a 17.75 million yen raise, especially after he was penalized with a 56.25 million yen salary cut last year. Source: Sponichi 11/22/2014 ... Ryosuke Hirata also decided not to sign after he was offered a twelve million yen raise. He felt his performance warranted a bigger raise. Source: Nikkan Sports 11/22/2014
by Gen on Nov.09, 2014 @ 4:36 am, under NPB
Tags: Bryan Bullington, Eiichi Koyano, Hiroshima Carp, Kam Mickolio, Keiji Obiki, Naoki Miyanishi, Nippon Ham Fighters, Takashi Toritani, Yomiuri Giants
Eiichi Koyano (34) is planning to exercise his FA option. Source: Daily Sports 11/8/2014 ... A number of teams, including Orix, could be interested. Source: Sponichi 11/8/2014, Sponichi 11/8/2014
Naoki Miyanishi (29) met with team officials for contract negotiations on Saturday. He decided not to exercise his FA option and instead signed a two-year deal that will pay 180 million yen plus twenty million yen in incentives in 2015. There is also an option for a third year that will become guaranteed if he pitches in fifty or more games in each of the next two seasons. He held a press conference at the team offices to announce his decision. Source: official announcement, Daily Sports 11/8/2014, Sponichi 11/8/2014
Keiji Obiki (30) started thinking about free agency after the last game of the Final Stage of the Climax Series. After the game, players called to the manager's room and were given encouraging words with plans for the 2015 season. Obiki was expecting to hear something similar, but only got a "good job." Source: ZakZak 11/8/2014
The Hiroshima Carp notified Kam Mickolio's (30) agent that they will not be offering a contract for the 2015 season. One team official told reporters while they were confident Mickolio could protect three-run leads, they were concerned about his ability to protect one-run leads. They also added that their pitching staff was close to being filled out. A number of NPB teams, including Yokohama and Yakult, could be interested. Source: Sports Hochi 11/8/2014
The Yomiuri Giants are expected to resume contract discussions with Yoshiyuki Kamei and Kentaro Nishimura on the 9th. Source: Sponichi 11/8/2014
The Giants are said to be interested in Chunichi senryokugai Daiki Yoshikawa (22). Source: Sponichi 11/8/2014
The Yakult Swallows are interested in both Kam Mickolio (30) and Bryan Bullington (34). Source: Daily Sports 11/8/2014
Hanshin Tigers' manager Yutaka Wada is prepared to get directly involved in negotiations with Takashi Toritani (33). Source: Sports Hochi 11/8/2014, Daily Sports 11/8/2014
by Gen on Nov.01, 2014 @ 4:47 am, under NPB
Tags: Bryan Bullington, Chris Carpenter, Chris Narveson, Chunichi Dragons, Daisuke Yamai, Hanshin Tigers, Hiroshima Carp, Matt Murton, Mauro Gomez, Shogo Kimura, Takahiro Arai, Yakult Swallows, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yomiuri Giants, Zach Phillips
- Takahiro Arai ended up missing the Nippon Series because of back problems. He finished out the final year of a three-year deal this season. His salary this season was an estimated 200 million yen. There is a good chance the Tigers will offer him something much lower. Source: Sanspo 10/31/2014
- The Tigers will most likely give Matt Murton a nice raise over the estimated 3.5 million US dollars he made this year. They could also offer him a multi-year deal. Hanshin is also negotiating with Mauro Gomez. He made an estimated 1.2 million US dollars this season. Source: Sanspo 10/31/2014
- Shogo Kimura met team official Kiyoaki Suzuki at Mazda Stadium on Thursday. Kimura is still not sure what he wants to do with his option. He is expected to finalize his decision next week. Source: Nikkan Sports 10/31/2014 ... Kimura was likely offered a raise over the thirty-one million yen he made this year. Source: Spoorts Hochi 10/31/2014
- The Carp are not planning to offer Bryan Bullington (34) and Zach Phillips (28) contracts for the 2015 season. Source: Nikkan Sports 10/31/2014, Sponichi 10/31/2014 ... Hiroshima was discussing an extension with Bullington and planning to re-sign Phillips, but backed out of both after signing Mike Zagurski and Kris Johnson. Source: Daily Sports 10/31/2014
- Kenta Asakura (33) is not planning to exercise his FA option and will instead most likely sign a one-year deal. Source: Sports Hochi 10/31/2014
- Daisuke Yamai met general manager Hiromitsu Ochiai for contract negotiations on Friday. It was their second meeting since the end of the season. Yamai later told reporters he would be ready to talk about his FA option on November 5. Source: Sponichi 10/31/2014, Nikkan Sports 10/31/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Tatsuhiko Kinjo (38) has been offered a contract to stay, but still needs more time to think. Source: Sponichi 10/31/2014
- The Swallows are not planning to offer Chris Narveson (32) and Chris Carpenter (28) contracts for the 2015 season. Source: Sanspo 10/31/2014
by Gen on Oct.30, 2014 @ 2:34 am, under NPB
Tags: Bryan Bullington, Ginjiro Sumitani, Hiroshima Carp, Orix Buffaloes, Rakuten Eagles, Seibu Lions, Takahiro Mahara, Yakult Swallows
- Eishin Soyogi earned his domestic FA option this year. He met with team officials at Mazda Stadium on Tuesday for the second time this off-season. He was reportedly offered a one-year deal worth 110 million yen. Source: Sponichi 10/29/2014 ... He may have been offered a two-year deal worth 200 million yen. Source: Nikkan Sports 10/29/2014 ... Soyogi may have been offered a one-year deal and a multi-year. He still has things on his mind and would like to meet team officials at least one more time. He will most likely be an A rank player and will require compensation if signed by another team. Source: Daily Sports 10/29/2014
- Ginjiro Sumitani told reporters he met with team officials on the 27th for the second time this off-season. He may have been offered a one-year deal instead of multiple years. Source: Sponichi 10/29/2014
- Takahiro Mahara has decided not to exercise his FA option and will remain with Orix. He met with the Buffaloes on Tuesday and agreed to sign a contract for the 2015 season. Source: Daily Sports 10/29/2014
by Gen on Sep.03, 2014 @ 2:24 am, under NPB
Tags: Aarom Baldiris, Bryan Bullington, Hiroshima Carp, Tsubasa Aizawa, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yomiuri Giants, Yoshinobu Takahashi
- Yoshinobu Takahashi had surgery to treat an extensor tendon dislocation in his right index finger. There were no complications during the procedure. Source: Nikkan Sports 9/2/2014
- Tsubasa Aizawa was examined at a hospital in Hiroshima on Tuesday and diagnosed with an injury to the right biceps femoris that will take one to two weeks for a full recovery. It might be about a month before he is able to play again. Source: Daily Sports 9/2/2014, Nikkan Sports 9/2/2014
- Bryan Bullington was also examined at a hospital and was diagnosed with neuritis in his right ulna. He will be shut down for about two weeks. Source: Daily Sports 9/2/2014, Nikkan Sports 9/2/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Aarom Baldiris was removed from Tuesday's game against Hanshin on defense in the bottom of the 1st because of tightness in the right side of his lower back. He is considered day-to-day. Source: Sponichi 9/2/2014
by Gen on Sep.01, 2014 @ 1:52 am, under NPB
Tags: Bryan Bullington, Hiroshima Carp, Masayuki Kuwahara, Scott Mathieson, Tomoyuki Sugano, Tsubasa Aizawa, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yomiuri Giants, Yoshitomo Tsutsugo, Yuya Kubo
- Yuya Kubo left Sunday's game against the Yokohama Bay Stars with discomfort in his right leg. He was throwing practice pitches before the bottom of the 6th when he felt something in his right calf. He left the field for treatment but was unable to return. Source: Daily Sports 8/31/2014, Nikkan Sports 8/31/2014 ... Kubo had no trouble walking after the game and told reporters it was a cramp. Source: Sponichi 8/31/2014
- Tomoyuki Sugano (right middle finger) tossed a bullpen session at Giants Stadium on Sunday. He threw fifty-four pitches. It was the first time he threw to a squatting catcher since he was taken off the active roster. Source: Nikkan Sports 8/31/2014
- Scott Mathieson was hit by a batted ball during Saturday's game against Yokohama and developed a bruise on his right calf. He was not available to pitch on Sunday. Source: Sponichi 8/31/2014
- Bryan Bullington was removed from Sunday's game against the Chunichi Dragons with discomfort in his right elbow. He was replaced immediately after giving up a three-run home run to Hector Luna in the 5th. Source: Daily Sports 8/31/2014 ... Bullington told reporters the tightness in his forearm started getting worse in the 3rd. Source: Nikkan Sports 8/31/2014
- Tsubasa Aizawa hurt his right leg in the 3rd inning -- he hit a ball to right and took a wide turn at first but could not continue and slid back into the bag while grabbing his right hamstring. He was replaced by a pinch-runner and taken to a hospital in Nagoya where he was diagnosed with a thigh muscle injury. Source: Daily Sports 8/31/2014, Daily Sports 8/31/2014, Nikkan Sports 8/31/2014 ... Aizawa had to be carried off the field. Source: Sponichi 8/31/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Masayuki Kuwahara was hit by a pitch from Yuki Egarashi on the left side of the head in the 7th inning of Sunday's game against the Yomiuri Giants. Source: Daily Sports 8/31/2014, Nikkan Sports 8/31/2014 ... Kuwahara was taken to a hospital in Yokohama for tests and diagnosed with a contusion on the left side of his head. He will remain on the active roster for the time being. Source: Daily Sports 8/31/2014
- Yoshitomo Tsutsugo (injuries from a collision play in the outfield) is scheduled to play in two rehab games at Ni-gun on September 3 and 4. If everything is okay, he could make the active roster in time for the Hiroshima series that begins on September 5 at Yokohama. Source: Daily Sports 8/31/2014
by Gen on Dec.18, 2013 @ 1:39 pm, under NPB
Tags: Bryan Bullington, Hiroshima Carp, Kila Ka'aihue
The Hiroshima Carp announced that they signed Bryan Bullington (33) and Kila Ka'aihue (29) to contracts for the 2014 season. Bullington will enter the second year of a two-year deal next season. His salary will be an estimated 1.35 million US dollars plus incentives. Ka'aihue will be returning next season for an estimated one million US dollars plus incentives.
Source: official announcement (Bullington), official announcement (Ka'aihue), Sports Hochi 12/18/2013
by Gen on Aug.31, 2013 @ 8:39 pm, under NPB
Tags: Bryan Bullington, Hanshin Tigers, Injuries, Kosuke Fukudome, Masanori Ishikawa, Nippon Ham Fighters, Sho Nakata, Yakult Swallows
Masanori Ishikawa was taken off the active roster on Friday with tightness in his right hamstring. Ishikawa first felt discomfort in his leg during Thursday's game against Chunichi.
Source: Sports Hochi 8/30/2013
Bryan Bullington took a batted ball off the area near his left knee in the 2nd inning of today's game against the Hanshin Tigers. He received treatment but was unable to return to the game.
Source: Nikkan Sports 8/31/2013
Miguel Socolovich felt pain in his right shoulder during pre-game workouts and was taken off the active roster today.
"It is close to the same place he hurt before and it seems to be bothering him more. [We took him off the active roster because] it will take more than just a day or two for it to get better," said Kenjiro Nomura.
Socolovich was taken off the active roster in May with right shoulder pain.
Source: Nikkan Sports 8/31/2013
Kosuke Fukudome (left calf) is still not ready to play a full game and will be used accordingly.
Source: Sanspo 8/31/2013
Nippon Ham Fighters
Sho Nakata's (left pinky finger) workouts on Friday including soft-toss batting practice with just his right hand.
Source: Sponichi 8/31/2013
Nakata has placed a personal ban on all alcohol until his fracture has completely healed.
Source: Nikkan Sports 8/31/2013
by Gen on Jun.12, 2013 @ 5:36 pm, under NPB
Tags: Bryan Bullington, Chiba Lotte Marines, Hanshin Tigers, Hiroshima Carp, Injuries, Kenta Maeda, Kosuke Fukudome, Tomoya Satozaki, Yomiuri Giants, Yoshinobu Takahashi
Yoshinobu Takahashi (left calf strain) was slated to be a DH in a Ni-gun against Nippon Ham today, but the game was rained out. Whether this changes his schedule is unknown. As of yesterday, he was set to re-join Ichi-gun workouts on the 18th.
Source: Sanspo 6/12/2013, Daily Sports 6/12/2013, Nikkan Sports 6/12/2013
Kenta Maeda (right side) is currently slated to return to the active roster in time for a start against Nippon Ham on the 15th. Bryan Bullington (right lower back) should be ok to start the Nippon Ham game on the following day (16th).
Source: Nikkan Sports 6/12/2013
Kosuke Fukudome (coming off left knee surgery) worked out at Naruohama on Tuesday. For now, it seems he will require about three months for a full recovery. He also stopped using crutches on the Tuesday.
Source: Sanspo 6/12/2013, Nikkan Sports 6/12/2013
Chiba Lotte Marines
Tomoya Satozaki (right shoulder, right calf) could return to the active roster when regular season play resumes on the 21st.
Source: Daily Sports 6/12/2013
by Gen on Jun.11, 2013 @ 11:37 pm, under NPB
Tags: Bryan Bullington, Hiroshima Carp, Injuries, Kenta Maeda, Nippon Ham Fighters, Shinnosuke Abe, Shinya Miyamoto, Yakult Swallows, Yomiuri Giants
Shinnosuke Abe participated in full-squad workouts at Giants Stadium today. He told reporters that his back was no longer a problem. He hit four over the fence during batting practice. He is slated to play on Wednesday.
Source: Sanspo 6/11/2013
Shinya Miyamoto participated in full-squad practices at YafuOku Dome today. He was also able to take batting practice.
Miyamoto did not play in the Nippon Ham series over the weekend because of a fluid build-up in his right elbow. He spoke to reporters after workouts today and said he should be ok to play.
Source: Nikkan Sports 6/11/2013
Kenta Maeda (right side) was cleared to return to the active roster today in time for a start against Nippon Ham on the 15th.
Source: Sports Hochi 6/11/2013
Bryan Bullington (taken off the active roster with pain in the right side of his lower back) has his sights on returning to the active roster before the end of Inter-league play. That could mean some time during the Nippon Ham series at Sapporo Dome (June 15-16) or the make-up game against Nippon Ham at Mazda Stadium (June 18).
Bullington was at Mazda Stadium on Monday getting treatment for his back. He no longer feels pain during forward movement, but does still feel some pain when moving from side-to-side.
Source: Daily Sports 6/11/2013
Nippon Ham Fighters
Hisashi Takeda (right elbow) worked out with the Ichi-gun team at Sapporo Dome today.
Takeda was taken off the active roster on the 1st with tightness in his right elbow. He told reporters today that he no longer felt pain and that his shoulder and elbow were feeling good after the rest. He is expected to return to the active roster on Wednesday.
Source: Nikkan Sports 6/11/2013