Tag: Cody Ransom
by Gen on Jul.27, 2014 @ 9:47 pm, under NPB
Tags: Cody Ransom, Seibu Lions
The Seibu Lions announced today that they will be parting ways with Cody Ransom. He will be placed on waivers on Monday.
"He didn't really live up to our expectations. We also wanted to give younger players a chance in August and September," said team official Haruhiko Suzuki.
Source: official announcement, Sponichi 7/27/2014, Sports Hochi 7/27/204
Comments Off on [7/27/2014] Seibu Lions announce decision to part ways with Cody Ransom
by Gen on Jun.10, 2014 @ 12:49 am, under NPB
Tags: Cody Ransom, Dai-Kang Yoh, Hanshin Tigers, Kazunari Tsuruoka, Nippon Ham Fighters, Rakuten Eagles, Seibu Lions, Senichi Hoshino
- Kazunari Tsuruoka resumed outdoor batting practice at Naruohama on Sunday. He swung the bat thirty-two times against Hirokazu Shiranita and recorded twelve could-be hits. Source: Sanspo 6/9/2014
- The Lions announced on Sunday that Cody Ransom will return to Japan on Monday. He went back to the United States for additional tests on his left hand. Source: Sanpso 6/9/2014
Nippon Ham Fighters
- Dai-Kang Yoh suffered a laceration on his left knee during Monday's game against Chunichi. The incident occurred in the 5th inning when Keiij Obiki hit a grounder to third with the bases loaded and no out. Yoh was on third and ran toward home plate. As he attempted to slide into the plate, his leg came into contact with catcher Masato Matsui's cleats. He was removed from the game as a precaution and taken to the hospital in Nagoya for treatment. Eleven stitches were required to close the laceration. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/9/2014
Comments Off on [6/9/2014] Injury Report: Dai-Kang Yoh suffers laceration on left knee
by Gen on May.29, 2014 @ 4:45 am, under NPB
Tags: Atsunori Inaba, Brian Wolfe, Chiba Lotte Marines, Cody Ransom, Kenji Otonari, Luis Cruz, Nippon Ham Fighters, Rakuten Eagles, Seibu Lions, Senichi Hoshino, Softbank Hawks, Tadashi Settsu, Toshiharu Moriuchi
- Senichi Hoshino was diagnosed with a herniated lumbar disc and ossification of the yellow ligament in his thoracic spine. He is currently leaning toward surgery. Source: Daily Sports 5/28/2014, Sponichi 5/28/2014
Chiba Lotte Marines
- Luis Cruz was diagnosed with a bruise on his left ulna. He was taken off the active roster on Wednesday because there was pain and swelling in the area. He will require about a week for a full recovery. Source: Sanspo 5/28/2014, Sanspo 5/28/2014
- Brian Wolfe will return to the United States for extra tests on his right elbow. A return date has not been set. Source: Sanspo 5/28/2014, Nikkan Sports 5/28/2014
- Tadashi Settsu started a Ni-gun game against Hanshin on Wednesday. He gave up a run on two hits over four innings of work. He threw fifty-six pitches and topped out at 142km/h. This was his first outing since he was taken off the active roster on the 10th with a tired right shoulder. He might be able to return to the active roster some time next week. Source: Sanspo 5/28/2014, Nikkan Sports 5/28/2014, Sponichi 5/28/2014
- Kenji Otonari (ossification of yellow ligament) is slated to start a Ni-gun game against Chunichi on June 1. He is also scheduled to make an appearance in relief during a Ni-gun game against Hanshin on the 29th. The game on the 29th will be his first at Ni-gun this season. Source: Daily Sports 5/28/2014
Nippon Ham Fighters
- The Fighters announced that Toshiharu Moriuchi had reconstructive surgery on his right elbow. He will need about ten months for a full recovery. Source: Sanspo 5/28/2014, Nikkan Sports 5/28/2014
- Atsunori Inaba is hoping to play in his first Ni-gun rehab game on June 7 against Yokohama. Inaba had surgery on his left knee on April 14. Source: Sanspo 5/28/2014
Comments Off on [5/28/2014] Injury Report: Luis Cruz (Lotte), Toshiharu Moriuchi (Nippon Ham)
by Gen on Mar.24, 2014 @ 4:22 am, under NPB
Tags: Chunichi Dragons, Cody Ransom, Seibu Lions, Takashi Ogino, Takeya Nakamura, Yasuyuki Kataoka, Yomiuri Giants, Yudai Kawai
- Yasuyuki Kataoka was replaced by a pinch-hitter in the 3rd inning of Sunday's exhibition game against Nippon Ham as a precaution because of tightness near the base of the back of his left thigh. Source: Sponichi 3/23/2014
- Yudai Kawai left Sunday's game against Rakuten after he took a batted ball off his left thigh (hit by Kevin Youkilis) in the 4th inning. There are no plans for him to go the hospital. Source: Sanspo 3/23/2014
- Cody Ransom took an HBP off his left wrist during his at bat in the 2nd inning of Sunday's exhibition game against Yokohama. He remained in the game but was removed in the 4th as a precaution. Source: Nikkan Sports 3/23/2014
- Takeya Nakamura (left side, back) resumed fielding practice on Sunday -- he took grounders at first and third. Source: Sanspo 3/23/2014 ... Haruki Ihara is planning to leave Nakamura off the active roster until he is fully healed. He will also continue his rehab and workouts at Ni-gun, beginning on Tuesday. Source: Sanspo 3/23/2014, Nikkan Sports 3/23/2014
Chiba Lotte Marines
- Takashi Ogino (right knee) will most likely start the year at Ni-gun. Source: Sponichi 3/23/2014
Comments Off on [3/23/2014] Injury Report: Takeya Nakamura (Seibu), Takashi Ogino (Lotte)
by Gen on Dec.20, 2013 @ 7:00 pm, under NPB
Tags: Abner Abreu, Cody Ransom, Foreign Interest, Greg Reynolds, Michael Bowden, Porfirio Lopez, Randy Williams, Seibu Lions
The Seibu Lions announced today that they came to terms with four new foreign players: Michael Bowden (27), Greg Reynolds (28), Cody Ransom (37), and Porfirio Lopez (23).
Bowden signed a one-year deal worth an estimated 800,000 US dollars and was assigned the number twenty-six. He is a candidate to close. Reynolds signed a one-year deal worth an estimated 800,000 US dollars and was assigned the number forty-two. He is a candidate for the starting rotation. Ransom signed a one-year deal worth an estimated 900,000 US dollars and was assigned the number six. Lopez signed an Ikusei contract worth an estimated 60,000 US dollars and was assigned the number 122.
Randy Williams and Abner Abreu (Ikusei contract) will also be returning next season.
Source: official announcement, Daily Sports 12/20/2013
[UPDATE 12/21 @ 7:23pm]
Williams signed for an estimated eighty-three million yen and Abreu for an estimated 6.8 million yen.
Source: Sports Hochi 12/21/2013
Comments Off on [12/20/2013] Seibu Lions announce additions of Bowden, Reynolds, Ransom, and Lopez