Tag: Daisuke Fujimura
by Gen on Aug.09, 2014 @ 1:24 am, under NPB
Tags: Chunichi Dragons, Daiki Enokida, Daisuke Fujimura, Hanshin Tigers, Hiroshima Carp, Hitoki Iwase, Kosuke Tanaka, Yomiuri Giants, Yoshiyuki Kamei
- Yoshiyuki Kamei was taken off the active roster on Friday. He hurt his left leg while running the bases during Thursday's game against the Yokohama Bay Stars. He was examined at a hospital on Friday and diagnosed with a mild strain in his left thigh. He will require two to the three weeks for a full recovery. Source: Sponichi 8/8/2014, Nikkan Sports 8/8/2014
- Daisuke Fujimura also suffered an injury during Thursday's game. He was taken off the active roster on Friday with a strain in his right side. Source: Sponichi 8/8/2014, Nikkan Sports 8/8/2014
- Daiki Enokida was taken off the active roster on Friday with discomfort in his left shoulder. Source: Sponichi 8/8/2014
- Kosuke Tanaka was removed from Friday's game against Hanshin after he took a batted ball off his face. The incident took place in the 3rd inning with runners on first and second. Mauro Gomez hit a ball that took a bad hop and struck Tanaka in the face. The ball rolled out toward foul territory and both runners scored. Tanaka was conscious and walking around, but was bleeding from his mouth. Source: Nikkan Sports 8/8/2014 ... Tanaka was taken to the hospital and diagnosed with a bruise on his upper jaw. He also needed six stitches to close a cut. Source: Sports Hochi 8/8/2014
- Hitoki Iwase (left elbow) played catch at a distance of about seventy meters on Friday. Source: Sanspo 8/8/2014
Comments Off on [8/8/2014] Injury Report: Yoshiyuki Kamei (Yomiuri Giants), Kosuke Tanaka (Hiroshima)
by Gen on Aug.08, 2014 @ 12:17 am, under NPB
Tags: Chunichi Dragons, Daiki Enokida, Daisuke Fujimura, Hanshin Tigers, Hitoki Iwase, Kazuhiro Wada, Nobuhiro Matsuda, Softbank Hawks, Yakult Swallows, Yamato, Yomiuri Giants, Yoshinori Sato, Yoshiyuki Kamei
- Yoshiyuki Kamei hurt his left leg while trying to cross the plate in the 6th inning. He was removed on defense after the inning. Daisuke Fujimura hurt his right side when he grounded out to the pitcher during a pinch-hit at bat in the 5th. Both players will be examined on Friday. Source: Sponichi 8/7/2014, Jiji Press 8/8/2014
- Daiki Enokida left Thursday's game with discomfort in his left shoulder. Source: Nikkan Sports 8/7/2014
- Yamato (left side) started taking batting practice against a pitching machine that throws curves on Wednesday. His also included playing catch at a distance of about forty meters and fielding practice. Source: Sponichi 8/7/2014
- If Kazuhiro Wada (right scaphoid bone) needs surgery, he will most likely miss the rest of the season. If he can get by on rehab, he might be able to make it back to the active roster before the end of the season. Source: Sponichi 8/7/2014 ... Wada will not require surgery, but will have to wear a brace for four to six month. He might end up needing close to two months for a full recovery. Source: Sanspo 8/7/2014, Nikkan Sports 8/7/2014
- Hitoki Iwase left Wednesday's game with tightness in his left elbow. He arrived at Nagoya Dome on Thursday after an examination at a hospital in Nagoya. "It wasn't as bad as I thought. I will stay with the Ichi-gun team and see how things go. It just happened yesterday so I haven't done any throwing yet. I will again tomorrow," said Iwase. Source: Sanspo 8/7/2014, Nikkan Sports 8/7/2014
- Yoshinori Sato (right shoulder) started a Ni-gun game against Yomiuri on Wednesday. He pitched five innings and gave up three runs (all earned) on three hits and four walks. He faced twenty-one hitters, threw seventy-four pitches, and struck out two. He also surrendered a two-run home run to Tomoya Inzen in the 1st inning. He got the win, his first since September 3, 2011. Source: Sponichi 8/7/2014
- The brace on Nobuhiro Matsuda's right index finger was removed during an examination at a Fukuoka hospital on the 5th. He should be able to resume throwing in about a week. He could play in his first Ni-gun rehab game in around two weeks. Source: Nikkan Sports 8/7/2014
Comments Off on [8/7/2014] Injury Report: Kazuhiro Wada (Chunichi), Daiki Enokida (Hanshin)
by Gen on Mar.29, 2012 @ 6:23 am, under NPB
Tags: Daisuke Fujimura, Hiroki Sanada, Shinnosuke Abe, Shun Tono, Taishi Ota, Yomiuri Giants
Wednesday's Ni-gun game against the Seibu Lions at Giants Stadium (Lions 6 - Giants 3): Shun Tono started the game and gave up six runs on seven hits, including two homers. [Nikkan Sports] ... Hiroki Sanada tossed a shutout inning in relief and struck out one. He also topped out at 140km/h. [Nikkan Sports] ... Daisuke Fujimura started at short and batted second. He collected two hits, both singles to center. [Nikkan Sports]
The Giants shut reporters out of their workouts on Wednesday for about fifty minutes. Pitchers and catchers also attended a meeting. Position players will have a meeting after practice on Thursday.
4th round draft pick Kyosuke Takagi is the only player from the 2011 draft class that made the Giants' opening day roster.
Sponichi and Sanspo note that Shinnosuke Abe will bat fourth this season.
Comments Off on Yomiuri Giants: March 28, 2012
by Gen on Mar.14, 2012 @ 11:59 pm, under NPB
Tags: D.J. Houlton, Daisuke Fujimura, Scott Mathieson, Shun Tono, Yomiuri Giants, Yoshihito Ishii, Yuya Kubo
|Bullpen Sessions / Batting Practice
- Shun Tono threw fifty-one pitches in the bullpen. (Nikkan Sports)
- Yuya Kubo threw sixty-one pitches in the bullpen. (Nikkan Sports)
The Giants decided to demote Daisuke Fujimura and Tetsuya Matsumoto due to their struggles at the plate.
Yuya Kubo tossed a bullpen session at Giants Stadium today and could pitch in a Challenge Match game on March 20.
Shun Tono tossed a bullpen session today for the first time since he felt some tightness in his right shoulder during his last start against the Hiroshima Carp on March 6. Tono told reporters he felt a little tightness after the session, but no pain.
Yoshihito Ishii is currently working his way back from lower back pains at Ni-gun. He kept his workouts light at Giants Stadium today and told reporters that he was feeling much better and a little more rested.
Scott Mathieson worked out for about two hours at Giants Stadium today (running, bullpen). Mathieson will most likely
D.J. Houlton's next start will likely be against the Seibu Lions at Seibu Dome on March 17.
The Giants would ideally like to go with a five-man rotation pitching on five days of rest up until the start of Inter-league play instead of a six-man rotation pitching on six days of rest. In other words, have their best pitchers start as many games as possible to put their team as many games above 500 as possible before the start of Inter-league play.
Comments Off on Yomiuri Giants: March 14, 2012
by Gen on Oct.28, 2011 @ 3:10 am, under NPB
Tags: Daisuke Fujimura, Yomiuri Giants
The Giants announced on Thursday that Daisuke Fujimura had surgery for acute appendicitis. No other information has been provided.
Comments Off on Yomiuri Giants: Daisuke Fujimura diagnosed with acute appendicitis
by Gen on Oct.26, 2011 @ 5:31 pm, under NPB
Tags: Daisuke Fujimura, Yomiuri Giants
The Yomiuri Giants removed Daisuke Fujimura from the active roster today because of stomach pains. Fujimura cut his practices short on the 25th when he first started experiencing the stomach pains and slight fever. Without much improvement in his condition, the Giants sent him back to Tokyo today. Fujimura is scheduled for a hospital visit tomorrow.
UPDATE 10/27 @ 2:52pm - Seems there's some concern Fujimura might have appendicitis.
Comments Off on Yomiuri Giants: Daisuke Fujimura taken off active roster with stomach pains
by Gen on Jan.06, 2011 @ 6:10 pm, under NPB
Tags: Daisuke Fujimura, Genki Kawano, Hayato Sakamoto, Hisayoshi Chono, Shinnosuke Abe, Yomiuri Giants
Shinnosuke Abe, Hayato Sakamoto, Hisayoshi Chono, Genki Kawano, and Daisuke Fujimura took off for their training in Guam today.
Comments Off on Shinnosuke Abe and four other Giants take off for Guam
by Gen on Nov.07, 2010 @ 3:44 pm, under NPB
Tags: Daisuke Fujimura, Takahiko Nomaguchi, Yomiuri Giants
Takahiko Nomaguchi tossed 200 pitches in the bullpen on Saturday. When Nomaguchi went passed his 150th pitch, Tatsunori Hara shouted out to Nomaguchi, "You've got good balance and it doesn't look like your under too much strain. You don't have any time [to fool around]! You need to be at around 70-80% this fall."
After his session, Nomaguchi spent some time going over footage of his session and then played some catch to check on a couple of things.
Hara also spent some time working with Daisuke Fujimura (with his hitting and behind closed doors) on Saturday. Fujimura was the Giants' first round draft pick in 2008 and Hara has high hopes for the infielder. Said Hara, "We don't have many shortstops with speed. I have no doubt that he's the kind of player that can help lead this team in the near future. Maybe even surpass Sakamoto."
Hayato Sakamoto, Taishi Ota, and Yoshiyuki Kamei were also part of the 2-hour closed-door batting practice session with Hara.
Comments Off on Yomiuri Giants: Nomaguchi tosses 200 pitches in the bullpen