Tag: Hitoshi Tamura
by Gen on Nov.04, 2014 @ 12:44 am, under NPB
Tags: Hanshin Tigers, Hitoshi Tamura, Masanori Hayashi, Tatsuhiko Kinjo, Yakult Swallows, Yokohama Bay Stars
- The Tigers could offer Hiroyuki Nakajima (32) a three year deal worth about one billion yen plus incentives. Source: Sanspo 11/3/2014
- Takashi Toritani (33) could be planning a trip to the United States soon. If timed properly, he might also be able to speak to some MLB teams while he is there. He is expected to file his international FA option before leaving. Source: Sanspo 11/3/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Masanori Hayashi (31) has decided not to exercise his FA option. He likely agreed to a three-year deal. Source: Sponichi 11/3/2014
- Hitoshi Tamura (37) is not planning to exercise his FA option. Source: Sponichi 11/3/2014
- Tatsuhiko Kinjo (38) has decided to exercise his FA option. He is expected to file the necessary paperwork on Tuesday. Source: Daily Sports 11/3/2014, Sponichi 11/3/2014 ... When team officials met Kinjo in September, they asked him if he was going to retire and offered a coaching position. Kiyoshi Nakahata was expecting Kinjo to return next season as an active player and did not find out about the team's offer until after the veteran reached out to him for advice. Nakahata and the front office continue to have problems communicating. Source: Sponichi 11/3/2014
- The Swallows are interested in Keiji Obiki (30). They like his glove and his leadership abilities. They are also looking for a shortstop. Source: Sponichi 11/3/2014
Comments Off on [11/3/2014] Rumors: Hanshin Tigers, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yakult Swallows
by Gen on Oct.15, 2014 @ 3:02 am, under NPB
Tags: Chiba Lotte Marines, Hitoshi Tamura, Orix Buffaloes, Softbank Hawks, Tatsuhiko Kinjo, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yoshihisa Naruse
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Hitoshi Tamura re-earned his FA option in August. He already spoke to the Bay Stars earlier this month and told them he was not planning to exercise the option. Tatsuhiko Kinjo also re-earned his option and will likely stay put. Masanori Hayashi is considering his options. Source: Sports Hochi 10/14/2014, Sponichi 10/14/2014
Chiba Lotte Marines
- The Hawks could offer former Rakuten coaches Yoshinori Sato and Yasutomo Suzuki jobs on their coaching staff. Source: Daily Sports 10/14/2014
- Atsuya Furuta and Kimiyasu Kudo could be among managerial candidates under consideration. Source: Sponichi 10/14/2014
- Chihiro Kaneko and Yoshihisa Hirano refrained from making any sort of real comment on their FA options after Tuesday's loss. Takahiro Mahara and Tomotaka Sakaguchi also have options and have yet to make decisions on what to do with them. The Buffaloes are plannning to ask all four to return next year. Source: Sponichi 10/14/2014
by Gen on Aug.19, 2014 @ 8:24 pm, under NPB
Tags: FA Option, Hitoshi Tamura, Yokohama Bay Stars
Hitoshi Tamura (37) earned his FA option for the second time. He earned the original domestic option in 2008 and the international option in 2009. He exercised the option in 2010 and re-signed with Softbank.
Source: Sports Hochi 8/19/2014
Comments Off on [8/19/2014] Yokohama Bay Stars: Hitoshi Tamura earns FA option for the second time
by Gen on Nov.05, 2012 @ 7:13 pm, under NPB
Tags: Hitoshi Tamura, Player Trade, Shintaro Ejiri, Shogo Yamamoto, Softbank Hawks, Teruaki Yoshikawa, Yasushi Kamiuchi, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yuki Yoshimura
According to a report by Daily Sports, Yokohama has announced that they agreed to a trade with the Softank Hawks that will see Shintaro Ejiri (35), Shogo Yamamoto (34), and Yuki Yoshimura (28) head to Fukuoka in return for Hitoshi Tamura (35), Teruaki Yoshikawa (30), and Yasushi Kamiuchi (29).
Source: Daily Sports 11/5/2012
UPDATE @ 10:01pm - Both teams have posted announcements at their respective sites: Softbank, Yokohama
UPDATE @ 10:20pm - Tamura may not be particularly happy with the trade, since his family made the move out to Fukuoka this year and was just getting settled in. Source: Sponichi 11/5/2012
Comments Off on Yokohama to send Ejiri, Yamamoto, Yoshimura to Softbank for Tamura, Yoshikawa, and Kamiuchi
by Gen on Aug.05, 2012 @ 9:08 pm, under NPB
Tags: Akinori Iwamura, Chunichi Dragons, Hitoki Iwase, Hitoshi Tamura, Rakuten Eagles, Softbank Hawks
Hitoshi Tamura sprained his right pinky finger when he slide back into second (on a pick-off) in the bottom of the 4th inning of today's game against the Seibu Lions (he was removed on defense before the top of the 5th). He will most likely be taken off the active roster on Monday. Source: Sponichi 8/5/2012
Akinori Iwamura was taken off the active roster today with pain/discomfort in his left hamstring. He suffered the injury during Friday's game against the Nippon Ham Fighters. Source: Sponichi 8/5/2012
The Dragons announced today that MRIs on Hitoki Iwase's left shoulder and elbow came back negative. Source: Sponichi 8/5/2012
UPDATE: Iwase will begin Ni-gun workouts at Nagoya Stadium on August 7. Source: Nikkan Sports 8/5/2012
Comments Off on Updates on Tamura (Softbank), Iwamura (Rakuten), Iwase (Chunichi) from August 5, 2012
by Gen on Mar.29, 2012 @ 6:21 am, under NPB
Tags: Alex Cabrera, Brad Penny, Hitoshi Tamura, Softbank Hawks, Tadashi Settsu
|Bullpen Sessions / Batting Practice
- Tadashi Settsu faced six batters during situational batting practice and threw fifteen pitches. (Sports Hochi)
- Brad Penny faced fourteen batters during batting practice and gave up three hits, struck out five, and threw a total seventy-two pitches. (Nikkan Sports)
The Hawks held a kick-off party at a restaurant on Wednesday.
Alex Cabrera and Hitoshi Tamura were left off the 2012 Opening Day Roster because Cabrera is nursing a bad right hamstring and Tamura is having problems with his back.
Cabrera has started taking batting, but it still unable to run.
The Hawks announced on Wednesday that the San-gun team will play eighteen games against Ni-gun KBO teams in April, May, and July.
Images of ten players appeared on four boarding bridges at Fukuoka Airport on Wednesday. The images will remain up for about two weeks.
Comments Off on Softbank Hawks: March 28, 2012
by Gen on Feb.23, 2012 @ 11:57 pm, under NPB
Tags: Brad Penny, Hitoshi Tamura, SHSpring, Softbank Hawks
|Bullpen Sessions / Batting Practice
- Ikusei pitcher Kodai Senga threw 100 pitches in bullpen. Toru Hosokawa caught the session. (Nikkan Sports)
Hitoshi Tamura did not play in today's intra-squad game because of tightness in his left elbow.
Ikusei pitcher Kodai Senga is scheduled to pitch in an exhibition game on February 26. He was promoted to Group A (Ichi-gun) today.
The Hawks announced today that singer Kana Uemura will perform the Japanese National Anthem on opening day. This is a part of the Asahi Super Dry Live Pop Hawks project.
====== UPDATE 2/24 @ 2:39am
Brad Penny will most likely pitch in a practice game against the Doosan Bears on February 28.
Comments Off on Softbank Hawks: February 23, 2012
by Gen on Feb.04, 2012 @ 11:59 pm, under NPB
Tags: Hitoshi Tamura, Kenji Akashi, Seiichi Uchikawa, SHSpring, Softbank Hawks, Wily Mo Pena
- Wily Mo Pena swung the bat sixty-one times and hit four over the fence. (Nikkan Sports)
The team had the day off today.
Four members of the 2011 draft class, including 1st round draft pick Shota Takeda, participated in an eel grab and cooking event on their day off today.
Hitoshi Tamura and Kenji Akashi worked out on their day off today. Both players are working through shoulder problems.
Regarding their shoulders:
Tamura- "I added too much muscle to my shoulder and now I am having a hard time rotating it. ... I do not think I will be able to participate in any situational fielding practice for a little while."
Akashi- "This is no time to rest. ... It is not like I can not throw the ball, but I am still a little worried."
Special hitting instructor Futoshi Nakanishi spent some time working with Seiichi Uchikawa on Friday. Nakanishi also coached Uchikawa in the spring of 2008.
Sadaharu Oh told reporters on Friday that Alex Cabrera could help make Wily Mo Pena's transition easier.
Comments Off on Softbank Hawks: Feburary 4, 2012
by Gen on Oct.02, 2011 @ 6:36 pm, under NPB
Tags: Hitoshi Tamura, Softbank Hawks
Hitoshi Tamura became the 267th player in NPB history to record 1,000th career hits in today's game against the Seibu Lions.
Coming into today's game, Tamura had 998 hits and picked up the 2 hits he needed for 1,000 in his first two at bats of the game -- his 999th was a single to left off Kazuhisa Ishii in the 2nd inning and his 1,000th hit was an RBI single to right off Kazuhisa Ishii in the 3rd inning.
The Hawks are already planning on selling t-shirts, face towels, and autographed photos, uniforms, and baseballs to commemorate the milestone.
Comments Off on Softbank Hawks: Hitoshi Tamura notches 1,000th career hit
by Gen on Jun.01, 2011 @ 9:57 pm, under NPB
Tags: Hitoshi Tamura, Softbank Hawks, Tsuyoshi Wada
Tsuyoshi Wada and Hitoshi Tamura both left tonight's game against the Chunichi Dragons early with bumps and bruises.
Tamura fouled a ball off his inner left ankle during his at bat in the 2nd inning and was taken out of the game on defense in the 4th.
Wada took a batted ball (hit by Hirokazu Ibata) off his right ankle in the 6th inning and was removed from the game.
Neither player is scheduled to go to the hospital.
Comments Off on Softbank Hawks: Wada, Tamura leave the game early