Tag: Kan Otake
by Gen on Sep.09, 2014 @ 1:59 am, under NPB
Tags: Hanshin Tigers, Kan Otake, Kosuke Fukudome, Orix Buffaloes, Ryota Arai, Yomiuri Giants, Yoshio Itoi
- Kan Otake was taken off the active roster on Sunday with discomfort in his right shoulder. He could miss up to twenty days. Source: Sponichi 9/8/2014
- Kosuke Fukudome missed another game on Sunday. He may have tweaked a hamstring. He did participate in pre-game practices, so the injury may not be serious. Source: Sanspo 9/8/2014
- Ryota Arai (lower back) continued his rehab at the Naruohama facilities on Sunday. He played catch at a distance of about fifteen meters. Source: Sanspo 9/8/2014
- Yoshio Itoi did not play in Monday's game against the Rakuten Eagles because of a bruise on the top of his left foot. It was the first game he missed this season. Source: Sponichi 9/8/2014
Comments Off on [9/8/2014] Injury Report: Yoshio Itoi (Orix), Kan Otake (Yomiuri)
by Gen on Sep.08, 2014 @ 12:04 am, under NPB
Tags: Hanshin Tigers, Kan Otake, Kosuke Fukudome, Tomoyuki Sugano, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Yomiuri Giants
- Tomoyuki Sugano (right middle finger) joined the Ichi-gun team for workouts on Sunday for the first time in about a month. He is currently slated to start a game on the 10th against Hanshin at Koshien. Source: Sponichi 9/7/2014
- Kan Otake left Saturday's game against the Yakult Swallows after seventy-one pitches. Tatsunori Hara told reporters there was no reason to be concerned, but it's possible Otake felt discomfort somewhere in his upper body, perhaps his right shoulder, since he has had problems with it in the past. Source: Sponichi 9/7/2014 ... Otake was taken off the active roster on Sunday with discomfort in his right shoulder. Source: Sponichi 9/7/2014
- Kosuke Fukudome did not make the starting line-up on Saturday. He was in the dugout during the game and was available to play. The Tigers have not made a formal announcement about his condition. Source: Sanspo 9/7/2014
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka played in a Ni-gun rehab game on Saturday. He was the starting designated hitter and batted lead-off. He went 1-for-3. Source: Sanspo 9/7/2014
Comments Off on [9/7/2014] Injury Report: Kan Otake (Yomiuri), Kosuke Fukudome (Hanshin)
by Gen on Jun.04, 2014 @ 2:49 am, under NPB
Tags: Kan Otake, Kenji Yano, Softbank Hawks, Toru Hosokawa, Yomiuri Giants
- Kan Otake hurt his right leg while running out a grounder to short in the top of the 6th inning of Tuesday's game against the Softbank Hawks. He was removed from the game and replaced by a reliever in the bottom of the inning. Source: Sanspo 6/3/2014 ... Tatsunori Hara told reporters after the game that Otake was hampered by a cramp. Source: Sponichi 6/3/2014 ... The cramp was located in the right hamstring. Otake told reporters he should be okay to make his next start. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/3/2014
- Kenji Yano (lower back) played in a Ni-gun rehab game against Lotte on Tuesday. He got the start in left and batted fourth. He went 1-for-3. It was his first game since he was taken off the active roster. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/3/2014
- Toru Hosokawa had to be removed from Tuesday's game against the Yomiuri Giants after he fouled a ball off his left knee during his at bat in the 6th inning. He was taken to a hospital in Fukuoka and diagnosed with a bruise -- tests did not reveal any damage to the bones. The Hawks will make a decision on Hosokawa after they see how he is feeling on Wednesday. Source: Sanpso 6/3/2014, Nikkan Sports 6/3/2014
Comments Off on [6/3/2014] Injury Report: Kan Otake (Yomiuri), Toru Hosokawa (Softbank)
by Gen on Mar.15, 2014 @ 11:54 pm, under NPB
Tags: Hanshin Tigers, Kan Otake, Mauro Gomez, Nobutaka Imamura, Shigeru Kaga, Takumi Akiyama, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yomiuri Giants
- Kan Otake (lower-half tightness) threw 100 pitches in the bullpen on Friday (he threw all his pitches and also set situations). He was scheduled to throw seventy, but kept going because he could. Source: Tokyo Sports 3/15/2014, Sanspo 3/15/2014
- Nobutaka Imamura (left shoulder) pitched in a Ni-gun game against Seibu today. He entered the game in the 7th and tossed two shutout innings. He gave up two hits, struck out three, and topped out at 146km/h. He celebrated his twentieth birthday. Source: Nikkan Sports 3/15/2014, Sponichi 3/15/2014
- Takumi Akiyama started a Kyoiku League game against Chunichi on Saturday. There was some concern about his condition, since he took a batted ball off the area near his right elbow during practices on the 9th, but he showed no ill effects. He gave up one hit in four shutout innings and struck out four. Source: Nikkan Sports 3/15/2014
- Mauro Gomez (right knee) recorded a double and a home run during a batting practice scrimmage on Friday. He also took thirty-eight swings during batting practice and hit nine over the fence. Source: Nikkan Sports 3/15/2014 ... Gomez played in Saturday's Kyoiku League game against Chunichi. He was the starting designated hitter and batted third. He went 1-for-2: Shinji Iwata on the mound, runner on first and one out in the 1st - 1B8; in the 3rd - HBP; 5th round draft pick Daisuke Sobue, runner on third and two out in the 4th - F8. Source: Nikkan Sports 3/15/2014, Daily Sports 3/15/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Tony Blanco did not play in Saturday's exhibition game against Hanshin because of back tightness. Source: Sponichi 3/15/2014
- Shigeru Kaga was scratched from his start against Hanshin on Saturday because of tightness in his right elbow. He was examined at a hospital in Yokohama on Friday before doing some light workouts at Yokohama Stadium. He could pitch in a game some time next week. Source: Sponichi 3/15/2014
Comments Off on [3/15/2014] CL Injury Updates: Shigeru Kaga (Yokohama), Mauro Gomez (Hanshin)
by Gen on Mar.14, 2014 @ 11:56 pm, under NPB
Tags: Akihiro Higashide, Chiba Lotte Marines, Hanshin Tigers, Hiroshima Carp, Jun Hirose, Kan Otake, Mauro Gomez, Seibu Lions, Softbank Hawks, Takayuki Kishi, Tetsuya Yamaguchi, Toshiaki Imae, Yakult Swallows, Yomiuri Giants, Yuhei Nakamura, Yuito Mori
- Kan Otake (lower-half tightness) could pitch in an exhibition game against Seibu on the 18th. He has not pitched since March 1 and has been taking things slow. Source: Daily Sports 3/14/2014
- Tetsuya Yamaguchi (left shoulder) rejoined the Ichi-gun team on Friday. He is scheduled to pitch in Saturday's game against Softbank at YafuOku Dome. Source: Sponichi 3/14/2014
- Mauro Gomez (right knee) will not be called up to play in Friday's exhibition game against Yokohama at Yokohama. He will instead play in a Kyoiku League game against Chunichi on the same day. Source: Sanspo 3/14/2014 ... Gomez played in a batting practice scrimmage at Naruohama on Friday. He had eight at bats against Tatsuya Kojima and recorded two hits, including a home run. He will be a designated hitter in Saturday's Kyoiku League game against Chunichi and will be at first base in Sunday's Kyoiku League game against Chunichi. If everything is okay, he could join the Ichi-gun team in time for a practice game against Yakult at Jingu on the 18th. Source: Sports Hochi 3/14/2014
- Akihiro Higashide played in a Kyoiku League game on Friday. He made the starting line-up as the designated hitter and batted second. It was his first game since he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during an intra-squad game in February 2013. He went 0-for-2: F8, Fo7. Source: Sponichi 3/14/2014
- Jun Hirose was assigned to San-gun due to tightness in the back of his right thigh. He suffered the injury while running the bases in the 4th inning of Wednesday's game against the Hanshin Tigers at Koshien. While the injury is not considered severe, the Carp do not expect him to be ready for opening day. Source: Sponichi 3/14/2014, Nikkan Sports 3/14/2014
- Yuhei Nakamura (right elbow) has been working out at Ni-gun. He joined Ichi-gun workouts on Friday. He could play in Saturday's game against Rakuten. Soure: Sanspo 3/14/2014, Nikkan Sports 3/14/2014
- Takayuki Kishi pitched with some general tightness in his body on Thursday. He still managed to toss five shutout innings against Nippon Ham. Source: Daily Sports 3/14/2014
Chiba Lotte Marines
- 2nd round draft pick Yuito Mori will spend some time away from the Ichi-gun team because of pain in his left leg. Source: Sponichi 3/14/2014
Comments Off on [3/14/2014] Injury Updates: Kan Otake (YOM), Mauro Gomez (HAN), Jun Hirose (HIR)
by Gen on Mar.08, 2014 @ 3:46 am, under NPB
Tags: Chunichi Dragons, Hanshin Tigers, Hirokazu Sawamura, Kan Otake, Mauro Gomez, Shohei Tateyama, Takuya Asao, Yakult Swallows, Yomiuri Giants, Yuhei Nakamura
- The media learned on Thursday that Kan Otake was scratched from his start against Orix at Kyocera Dome on Saturday because of tightness in his lower body (possibly his right calf). Source: Daily Sports 3/7/2014, Nikkan Sports 3/7/2014
- Tatsunori Hara told reporters that Hirokazu Sawamura (right shoulder) is still unable to throw at full strength. Source: Nikkan Sports 3/7/2014
- Takuya Asao (medial collateral ligament injury in right elbow) could end up requiring several months for a full recovery. Source: Nikkan Sports 3/7/2014
- Yuhei Nakamura (right elbow) has started playing in Ni-gun games and could be called up some time around the 15th. Source: Sanspo 3/7/2014
- Shohei Tateyama (right elbow) told reporters he was no longer going to schedule his workouts around trying to make the opening day starting rotation because he wanted to make adjustments to his mechanics. There were plans for him to pitch in a Kyoiku League game this weekend, but he approached coaches and asked for more time to practice. He threw forty-four pitches in the bullpen on Thursday. Source: Sanspo 3/7/2014
Comments Off on [3/7/2014] Injury Updates: Kan Otake (Yomiuri), Mauro Gomez (Hanshin), Takuya Asao (Chunichi)
by Gen on Dec.01, 2013 @ 11:58 pm, under NPB
Tags: Aarom Baldiris, Alex Ramirez, Andruw Jones, Casey McGehee, Hanshin Tigers, Kan Otake, Rakuten Eagles, Seibu Lions, Seung Hwan Oh, Softbank Hawks, Yasutomo Kubo, Yasuyuki Kataoka, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yomiuri Giants
Yokohama Bay Stars
The Bay Stars will leave the lines of communication open with Nyjer Morgan (33), but will also look into pitchers that might be available on the overseas market. Pitching is a top priority.
Source: Daily Sports 12/1/2013
Yokohama is looking into Aarom Baldiris.
Source: Sponichi 12/1/2013
The Tigers will meet Seung Hwan Oh at a hotel in Seoul on the 4th to finalize their contract with him.
Source: Sports Hochi 12/1/2013
GM Katsuhiro Nakamura told reporters negotiations with Yasutomo Kubo were final and that there were no plans to meet again.
Source: Sanspo 12/1/2013
The Giants will most likely lose two players as compensation for signing Kan Otake and Yasuyuki Kataoka. The Carp have already expressed an interest in pursing a player plus money as compensation for losing Otake. The Lions will most likely select a player plus money since they will not gain a lot by selecting only money and they know the Yomiuri system is stacked.
Source: ZakZak 12/1/2013
Shinya Tsuruoka will most likely be assigned the number eight.
Source: Nikkan Sports 12/1/2013
The Lions are reportedly interested in Alex Ramirez. They feel he still has enough left in the tank to succeed as a DH or a right-handed bat off the bench. They also feel he can help players out with hitting advice. His positive attitude and popularity among fans are big pluses.
Source: Sponichi 12/1/2013
The Eagles have included Andruw Jones and Casey McGehee on their list of reserved players.
Darrell Rasner, Jim Heuser, Kenny Ray, and Brandon Duckworth were left off the list.
Source: Sponichi 12/1/2013
Comments Off on [12/1/2013] Nyjer Morgan, Aarom Baldiris, Alex Ramirez, Rakuten Eagles, Yomiuri Giants
by Gen on Nov.27, 2013 @ 2:24 am, under NPB
Tags: Brad Eldred, Brian Wolfe, Jason Standridge, Kan Otake, Katsuki Yamazaki, Tsuyoshi Wada, Yasuyuki Kataoka
ZakZak feels that the Yomiuri Giants have yet to reach out to Yasuyuki Kataoka because they are still trying to decide if they really need him. They have a number of internal candidates at second base, like Takayuki Terauchi, Daisuke Nakai, and Daisuke Fujimura, but not everyone in the organization is convinced that they are good enough to play on a daily basis.
Source: ZakZak 11/26/2013
Tokyo Sports wonders if the Yomiuri Giants plan to include Takahiro Aoki on their list of protected players. If they do not, Hiroshima could take him back with their compensation pick for losing Kan Otake.
Source: Tokyo Sports 11/26/2013
The Orix Buffaloes announced that they will meet Katsuki Yamazaki for a second round of negotiations on the 29th.
Source: Nikkan Sports 11/26/2013
According to Sports Hochi, the two sides have already reached an agreement and that an announcement could take place in Fukuoka some time this week. Orix is thought to have offered Yamazaki a three-year deal worth 150 million yen that includes an understanding that the organization will make considerations to hire him as a coach after he retires.
Source: Sports Hochi 11/26/2013
The Softbank Hawks could ramp up efforts to sign Jason Standridge and Brian Wolfe after losing out on Kan Otake. They are also looking into Tsuyoshi Wada.
Kenichi Nakata and Shinya Tsuruoka are expected to sign with Softbank.
Source: Nikkan Sports 11/26/2013
The Hiroshima Carp are reportedly close to finalizing an extension with Brad Eldred. They were originally planning to part ways with Eldred, but his late-season surge impressed the coaches enough for them to push for his return.
Hiroshima has decided not to re-sign Fred Lewis. As of now, the Carp have five foreign players on the seventy-man roster in 2014: Eldred, Bryan Bullington, Kam Mickolio, Kila Ka'aihue, and Zach Phillips. The front office could add a sixth -- they are looking at right-handed position players.
Source: Daily Sports 11/26/203
Comments Off on [11/26/2013] Yasuyuki Kataoka, Katsuki Yamazaki, Jason Standridge, Brian Wolfe, Brad Eldred
by Gen on Nov.26, 2013 @ 7:26 am, under NPB
Tags: FA Option, Kan Otake, Kenichi Nakata, Shinya Tsuruoka, Yasuyuki Kataoka
Kenichi Nakata told reporters on Monday that he was still thinking about where he wanted to play next season. He has received offers from the Softbank Hawks, Hanshin Tigers, and Yakult Swallows. Each of the teams have been in touch with Nakata since initial discussions.
Source: Sports Hochi 11/25/2013
Shinya Tsuruoka plans to make an announcement of his decision either later this month or early next month.
Source: Sponichi 11/26/2013
The Hiroshima Carp are thinking about selecting a player and money as compensation for losing Kan Otake to the Yomiuri Giants. They will make a final decision after seeing which players are available.
Source: Sponichi 11/26/2013
Yasuyuki Kataoka was in Kawasaki on Sunday getting a team physical.
Source: Sponichi 11/25/2013
Comments Off on [11/25/2013] Yasuyuki Kataoka, Kenichi Nakata, Kan Otake, Shinya Tsuruoka
by Gen on Nov.25, 2013 @ 5:04 pm, under NPB
Tags: Hiroshima Carp, Kan Otake, Yomiuri Giants
Kan Otake contacted Softbank and Rakuten today to turn down their offers. He also visited Mazda Stadium to inform team owner Hajime Matsuda that he decided to sign with Yomiuri. In speaking to reporters, Otake said that the deciding factor was his desire to play closer to his home town.
"I had a hard time with this decision, but I decided to sign with the Giants. I just want to play baseball closer to my home town in Kanto. I feel nothing but appreciation for the Carp organization, my teammates and the fans for all their support over the last twelve years," Otake said.
Source: Daily Sports 11/25/2013, Daily Sports 11/25/2013, Sponichi 11/25/2013
[UPDATE 12/4 @ 5:51pm]
The Giants held a press conference for Otake at a hotel in Tokyo today. He has been assigned the number seventeen.
Source: Daily Sports 12/4/2013
[UPDATE 12/4 @ 10:30pm]
According to Sponichi, Otake agreed to a three-year deal worth an estimated 500 million yen.
Source: Sponichi 12/4/2013
Comments Off on [11/25/2013] Kan Otake decides to sign with the Yomiuri Giants