Hiroshima's Katsuhiro Nagakawa (33) earned his international FA option with nine years of service time on the active roster. When told about the option, Nagakawa said, "I just found out now. But I'm not really interested in going overseas. And I can't say that I'm happy or anything."
Tag: Katsuhiro Nagakawa
by Gen on May.15, 2014 @ 1:07 am, under NPB
Tags: Chunichi Dragons, Hanshin Tigers, Hiroki Uemoto, Hiroshima Carp, Itaru Hashimoto, Katsuhiro Nagakawa, Kazuki Yoshimi, Leslie Anderson, Manabu Mima, Naomichi Umeda, Rakuten Eagles, Seibu Lions, Shinobu Fukuhara, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Yomiuri Giants
- Leslie Anderson was taken off the active roster on Wednesday after he was diagnosed with an injury to the biceps femoris in his right leg. Source: Daily Sports 5/14/2014
- Itaru Hashimoto (left thing) resumed running on Wednesday. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/14/2014
- Hiroki Uemoto played some catch, fielded some grounders, and took some soft-toss batting practice at Naruohama on Tuesday for the first time since he suffered a fracture in his right thumb during a game against the Yakult Swallows on the 3rd. Source: Sanspo 5/14/2014 ... Uemoto resumed outdoor batting practice on Wednesday. He took 110 swings and hit two over the fence. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/14/2014
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka asked the Tigers for a month. He spent that time working out at facilities near his house and at Koshien. He purposely kept his rehab quiet because he felt his teammates had nothing positive to gain by watching him. Source: Daily Sports 5/14/2014 ... Nishioka has reportedly told people he was trying to shoot for a return in mid-June. June 27 against Chunichi at Koshien could be a possibility. Source: Sponichi 5/14/2014
- Shinobu Fukuhara (right adductor) started his rehab at Naruohama. Workouts included riding an exercise bike and upper body/trunk strengthening exercises. Source: Sponichi 5/14/2014
- Katsuhiro Nagakawa took a ball hit by Yamato off his left calf in the 9th inning of Wednesday's game against the Hanshin Tigers. He was replaced after facing the next batter. He later told reporters he still felt pain and was not sure about his status moving forward. Source: Sports Hochi 5/14/2014
- Kazuki Yoshimi's comeback hit a bump in the road when he started experiencing lower back pains on the 7th. The Dragons are still not sure when he will be ready to resume throwing off a mound -- he can play some catch, but only at a distance of about twenty meters. His return to the active roster might get pushed back to some time in late-June, at the earliest. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/14/2014
- Manabu Mima started a Ni-gun game against Yomiuri on Tuesday. He gave up three runs on six hits over six innings of work. Twelve of the eighteen outs he recorded came on the ground. He threw eighty pitches, faced twenty-four hitters, hit two, and struck out four. His next start will likely come on the 20th against Ni-gun Lotte. This was his first Ni-gun rehab game since he took a batted ball off the right side of the lower abdomen during a Lotte game on April 29. Source: Sports Hochi 5/14/2014
- Naomichi Umeda was taken off the active roster on Wednesday with pain in his right side. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/14/2014
Katsuhiro Nagakawa earned his domestic FA option today with eight years of service time on the active roster. When asked about the option, he said, "I just need to work hard so that I can play baseball again next year."
Source: Sanspo 8/9/2013
UPDATE @ 8:09pm -
A slightly better quote from Nikkan Sports: "Right now, I am just working hard to make sure I can play baseball next year so I am not thinking about anything else. But thank you for letting me know."
Source: Nikkan Sports 8/9/2013
Katsuhiro Nagakawa complained of pain in his right hand during Saturday's game against the Yomiuri Giants. He was examined at a hospital today and diagnosed with inflammation in his right middle finger. He will likely need four to five days of rest before he can pitch again.
|Bullpen Sessions / Batting Practice|
Today was the last day of the second block of spring camp. The team has the day off tomorrow.
Kenta Maeda jokingly told reporters today that he wants to be the opening day starter because one of his favorite actresses, Emi Takei, will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch that day.
1st round draft pick Yusuke Nomura is scheduled to toss another bullpen session on February 11.
Koji Yamamoto visited Ichi-gun camp in Okinawa on Wednesday. He also spent about thirty minutes working with Shota Dobayashi on his swing.
Shota Nakazaki will get the practice game start against the Nippon Ham Fighters on February 11.
|Batting Practice||Bullpen Sessions|
Don Wakamtasu observed spring camp at Okinawa Stadium today (he is friends with Kenjiro Nomura).
1st round draft pick Yusuke Nomura is planning to toss his first spring camp bullpen session sometime during the second block.
Takeru Imamura's new delivery did not impress pitching coach Yutaka Ono.
Via Sanspo: "I told him not to rush the throws... He has not stability. He is all over the place. His currently delivery is no good. It is a problem," said Ono.
Via Sponichi: "There is a problem with the delivery I saw today. He is the type of pitcher that paces himself by raising his leg slowly and he was throwing too quickly. [Rushing the delivery] messes with the release point and creates instability."
The Hiroshima Carp play a practice game against the Nippon Ham Fighters on February 11. Likely starters at this point: Yuki Saito (HAM) vs Yuki Saito (HIR).