Tag: Keiichi Hirano
by Gen on Jul.31, 2014 @ 12:22 am, under NPB
Tags: Chiba Lotte Marines, Chunichi Dragons, Hector Luna, Kei Hosoya, Keiichi Hirano, Orix Buffaloes, Ryosuke Hirata, Yakult Swallows, Yoshinori Sato
- Ryosuke Hirata (left ankle) played in a Ni-gun rehab game on Tuesday. It was his first game in about a month. He got the start in right and batted fourth. He went 1-for-2 with a strikeout. Source: Nikkan Sports 7/30/2014
- Hector Luna played in a batting practice scrimmage at the Nagoya Stadium indoor facilities on Tuesday. Source: Nikkan Sports 7/30/2014
- Yoshinori Sato (right shoulder) started a Ni-gun rehab game on Tuesday against Rakuten. He pitched four innings and gave up a run on four hits. He threw fifty-eight pitches, walked two, struck out two, and topped out at 150km/h. It was his fifth rehab game. Source: Sanspo 7/30/2014
Chiba Lotte Marines
- Kei Hosoya was taken off the active roster on Wednesday with a sprained right ankle. He suffered the injury while running the bases on Tuesday. Source: Sponichi 7/30/2014
- Keiichi Hirano (left calf) joined Ni-gun work outs on Wednesday. He was able to take batting practice and do some light base-running exercises. He is hoping to add fielding practice on Thursday. Source: Sponichi 7/30/2014
by Gen on Jul.24, 2014 @ 12:04 am, under NPB
Tags: Chunichi Dragons, Hanshin Tigers, Kazuhiro Wada, Kazuki Yoshimi, Keiichi Hirano, Orix Buffaloes, Ryoma Matsuda, Tsuyoshi Nishioka
- Ryoma Matsuda (right elbow) played in his first Ni-gun intra-squad rehab game on Wednesday. He pitched one inning and retired the side in order. He threw nine pitches, struck out one, and topped out at 146km/h. Source: Sports Hochi 7/23/2014, Nikkan Sports 7/23/2014
- The Tigers took Tsuyoshi Nishioka off the active roster on Wednesday with pain in his back. Nishioka was slated to earn his domestic FA option on the same day. Source: Sponichi 7/23/2014
- Kazuki Yoshimi left Wednesday's game early because of tightness in his elbow. His status moving forward is uncertain at this time. Source: Sports Hochi 7/24/2014
- Kazuhiro Wada missed another game on Wednesday because he is still recovering from an HBP to the left side of the head during a game against Yokohama on the 21st. "There is still some swelling and pain. I feel a little sick when I run," said Wada. Source: Nikkan Sports 7/24/2014
by Gen on Jun.18, 2014 @ 3:02 am, under NPB
Tags: Keiichi Hirano, Orix Buffaloes
Keiichi Hirano was hit by a pitch thrown by Toshiya Sugiuchi in the top of the 3rd inning of Tuesday's game against the Yomiuri Giants. The ball hit Hirano on the right side of the head (on the helmet). He was treated and remained in the game until he was replaced on defense in the bottom of the 4th.
Hirano was taken to the hospital for tests. No abnormalities were discovered. Whether he plays on Wednesday will depend on how he is feeling before the game.
Source: Nikkan Sports 6/18/2014
by Gen on Jun.17, 2014 @ 12:04 am, under NPB
Tags: Esteban German, Ginji, Hanshin Tigers, Hiroshima Carp, Keiichi Hirano, Kenta Maeda, Kodai Senga, Orix Buffaloes, Rakuten Eagles, Softbank Hawks, Yuta Iwasada
- 1st round draft pick Yuta Iwasada (left elbow) pitched in a Ni-gun batting practice scrimmage at Koshien on Sunday. He faced ten hitters, including Shinta Hifumi, Shintaro Yokota, and 3rd round draft pick Naomasa Yokawa, threw forty-four pitches, and allowed one-could be hit. Source: Sanspo 6/16/2014
- Kenta Maeda (left side) participated in workouts at Mazda Stadium on Monday. He is still on track to make his next start on the 19th against Rakuten. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/16/2014 ... The start will be Maeda's first since the 4th. Source: Daily Sports 6/16/2014
- Ginji (lower back) played in a Ni-gun rehab game on Sunday. He got the start at first and batted third. He went 0-for-3: G6, G1, L6. This was his first game since May 20. He could return to the active roster as early as the 21st. Source: Sports Hochi 6/16/2014
- Kodai Senga was taken off the active roster on Sunday with a tired right shoulder. Source: Tokyo Sports 6/16/2014
- Esteban German sat out Sunday's game after he took a batted ball off his left knee and a foul ball off his left foot on Saturday. He should be okay for the Yomiuri series that begins on Tuesday. Keiichi Hirano complained of tightness in his left calf on Sunday. He should also be okay for the Yomiuri series. Source: Sponichi 6/16/2014
by Gen on May.27, 2014 @ 1:46 am, under NPB
Tags: Chunichi Dragons, Hanshin Tigers, Keiichi Hirano, Kenshin Kawakami, Motonobu Tanishige, Orix Buffaloes, Shota Takeda, Softbank Hawks, Toshiya Sugiuchi, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Yakult Swallows, Yomiuri Giants, Yuichi Matsumoto
- Toshiya Sugiuchi took a ball hit by Kensuke Kondo off the area above his left knee/thigh while pitching with the bases loaded and two out in the 6th against the Nippon Ham Fighters on Monday. He had to be carried off the field. He was seen walking around on his own after the game. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/26/2014, Sponichi 5/26/2014
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka worked out at the indoor training facilities at Koshien on Monday, next to the Ichi-gun team. His schedule included playing catch at a distance of around fifty meters and taking batting practice (soft-toss and against a machine). He was also seen chatting with some of his former Lotte teammates. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/26/2014, Sponichi 5/26/2014
- Motonobu Tanishige pulled himself out of Monday's game against Softbank after he tweaked the back of his left thigh while running the bases in the 7th inning -- he was on second with two out and was thinking about scoring on a single to center by Yohei Oshima, but had to put on the breaks when he got the signal to stop at third base. Source: Sanspo 5/26/2014 ... Tanishige did not go to the hospital. The injury does not appear to be serious. He is considered day-to-day. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/26/2014, Sports Hochi 5/26/2014
- Kenshin Kawakami (lower back) pitched in a batting practice scrimmage at Nagoya Stadium on Sunday. He faced some Ikusei players and threw twenty pitches. It was the first time he faced hitters since his injury. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/26/2014
- Yuichi Matsumoto was taken off the active roster on Monday with a strain in his right abdominal oblique muscle. He will require about three to four weeks for a full recovery. Source: Sponichi 5/26/2014, Daily Sports 5/26/2014
- Shota Takeda (right shoulder) pitched in a San-gun game against the Ehime Mandarin Pirates (Shikoku Island League) on Sunday. He gave up two runs on three hits over two innings. He threw thirty-seven pitches and topped out at 153km/h. It was his first game in about a six months. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/26/2014
- Keiichi Hirano was removed from Monday's game against Yokohama after he took an HBP off his right calf during his at bat in the 3rd inning. Hirano took an HBP off the same area on the 14th and had been close to a full recovery. Source: Daily Sports 5/26/2014, Nikkan Sports 5/26/2014
by Gen on Feb.05, 2013 @ 11:30 pm, under NPB
Tags: Kei Igawa, Keiichi Hirano, OBSpring, Orix Buffaloes, Ryoichi Adachi
|Bullpen Sessions / Batting Practice
- 1st round draft pick Takahiro Matsuba: bullpen, fifty-five pitches
Source: Sponichi 2/5/2013
Yoshio Itoi started feeling tightness in his left hamstring during fielding practice today and later cut his workouts short.
Source: Sports Hochi 2/5/2013, Daily Sports 2/5/2013
Hiroshi Moriwaki worked directly with Keiichi Hirano around second base for about an hour and a half today.
Source: Sanspo 2/5/2013
Moriwaki has not been happy with Ryoichi Adachi's performance so far during spring camp and could swap him out with Mitsutaka Goto (once he is ready).
Source: Sponichi 2/5/2013
Kei Igawa has been riding a bike to the stadium during spring camp (roughly ten kilometers at about thirty minutes one way).
Source: Nikkan Sports 2/5/2013
Igawa rented a standard bike from the team hotel on the 2nd. He started borrowing a road bike from a local fan on the 3rd.
Igawa is planning to toss his first bullpen session (standing catcher) on the 7th.
Source: Sanspo 2/5/2013, Nikkan Sports 2/5/2013, Daily Sports 2/5/2013
by Gen on Feb.03, 2013 @ 11:38 pm, under NPB
Tags: Keiichi Hirano, OBSpring, Orix Buffaloes, Takahiro Mahara
||Bullpen Sessions / Batting Practice
- Yoshio Itoi: sixty-nine swings, twelve over the fence
Source: Nikkan Sports 2/3/2013
- Shun Tono: bullpen, 103 pitches, third session in as many days
- Tomoya Yagi: bullpen, 142 pitches, third session in as many days
- Chihiro Kaneko: bullpen, fifty-two pitches, squatting catcher, third session in as many days
- Kodai Matsumoto: bullpen, 101 pitches, including off-speed pitches, third session in as many days
Source: Sponichi 2/3/2013, Nikkan Sports 2/3/2013, Sports Hochi 2/3/2013
Keiichi Hirano will play any position, but does have a preference for second.
Source: Nikkan Sports 2/3/2013
Takahiro Mahara could toss batting practice on the 7th and pitch in an intra-squad game on the 10th.
Source: Sponichi 2/3/2013
by Gen on Jan.11, 2013 @ 4:55 pm, under NPB
Tags: Full, Hanshin Tigers, Kazuya Takamiya, Keiichi Hirano, Orix Buffaloes
The Hanshin Tigers announced today that they selected left-handed pitcher Kazuya Takamiya (31) as compensation for losing Keiichi Hirano (31) to the Orix Buffaloes.
Since Hirano was a class B free agent, the Tigers will also receive 40% of his 2012 salary as part of the compensation rule.
Source: Nikkan Sports 1/11/2013, official announcement (Orix)
by Gen on Dec.25, 2012 @ 3:10 pm, under NPB
Tags: Keiichi Hirano, Orix Buffaloes
Keiichi Hirano has decided to return to the Orix Buffaloes. According to Nikkan Sports, Hirano has agreed to a two-year deal worth an estimated 150 million yen a year. An official announcement is expected sometime in early January.
The Buffaloes' PR department provide the media with the following statement from Hirano:
I exercised my FA option and will be leaving the Hanshin Tigers to join the Orix Buffaloes. I want to thank the Hanshin organization, the manager, the coaches, and the staff for allowing me to grow as a professional player. More than anything, I am grateful to all the Hanshin Tigers' fans for all their support. I decided to sign [with the Buffaloes] because they are the team I started with and because I could feel they really needed me in order to win. As always, I will domy absolute best to first win a starting job.
Source: Nikkan Sports 12/25/2012, Sponichi 12/25/2012, Daily Sports 12/25/2012, Sanspo 12/25/2012
by Gen on Dec.15, 2012 @ 11:22 pm, under NPB
Tags: Hanshin Tigers, Keiichi Hirano
Sanspo is reporting that the last offer the Tigers made to Keiichi Hirano may have been for close to the same amount he made this past season (190 million yen). Before exercising his FA option, the last offer on the table was reportedly 10% less than his 2012 salary. Source: Sanspo 12/15/2012
Nikkan Sports adds a little more to the story. At the end of the season, the Tigers offered Hirano 150 million yen (down 40 million yen). After exercising his FA option, they met him twice in November and upped their 150 million yen offer a little.
"Since we could not get him to say yes, it could mean he either wants more, or we need to offer him something entirely different... It would be different if we had given up on Hirano, but we have not," said an unnamed team official.
The Tigers are currently waiting for Hirano to contact them.
Source: Nikkan Sports 12/15/2012