Tag: Masanori Hayashi
by Gen on Dec.07, 2014 @ 12:44 am, under NPB
Tags: Alfredo Despaigne, Chiba Lotte Marines, Chunichi Dragons, Hideki Okajima, Masanori Hayashi, Ryosuke Hirata, Shinji Takahashi, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yulieski Gourriel
The Chiba Lotte Marines could offer Alfredo Despaigne (28) a one-year deal over 300 million yen. Other teams were said to be interested in Despaigne, but Yomiuri will most ikely focus their attention on Yulieski Gurriel and Orix may no longer have the need. Source: Nikkan Sports 12/6/2014 ... Lotte could offer a two-year deal worth 800 million yen. At 400 million yen a year, he would become the highest paid player in franchise history (the current high of 300 million yen was set by Julio Franco in 1995). Source: Sports Hochi 12/6/2014
The Yokohama Bay Stars are close to finalizing a deal with Hideki Okajima (38). An announcement could be made within the next few days. Source: Sports Hochi 12/6/2014
A Bay Stars representative could be heading to Cuba to discuss Yulieski Gourriel (30). Yokohama could offer Gourriel a one-year deal worth 300 million yen. Source: Sanspo 12/6/2014
Masanori Hayashi signed a three-year deal with the Bay Stars. He agreed to a fifteen million yen raise and will make an estimated forty-one million yen next year. Source: Daily Sports 12/6/2014
Tsuyoshi Nishioka (30) finished off a two-year deal and finalized a new one-year deal on Friday. "I got hurt this year and didn't have the kind of season I wanted even after returning. I signed a two-year contract, but only managed to help in one. I want to hear about how Nishioka helped the team by pulling everyone together," said Nishioka. Source: Nikkan Sports 12/6/2014 ... Nishioka also said, "I want to stick to the middle infield, I want focus on second and short. I'm still young. It's difficult to change positions and then go back again later. I went with a one-year deal because I feel strongly about this... My preference for positions is important." Source: Daily Sports 12/6/2014
Ryosuke Hirata (26) was offered forty-seven million yen during contract negotiations on November 22 (twelve million yen raise). He appeared on Tokai TV's Dora HOT Plus on Saturday and said he informed the organization that he was hoping to hit sixty-five million yen in 2015 (difference of eighteen million yen). He is slated to meet with the Dragons again next week. Source: Nikkan Sports 12/6/2014
The Orix Buffaloes will most likely end up spending about 3.5 billion yen on five contracts this off-season: Eiichi Koyano, Hiroyuki Nakajima, Tony Blanco, Bryan Bullington, and Chihiro Kaneko. Source: Sponichi 12/6/2014
Orix senryokugai Shinji Takahashi (36) is slated to join the Shinano Granserows Baseball Club (BC League) as a player/hitting coach. Source: Nikkan Sports 12/6/2014
Comments Off on [12/6/2014] Alfredo Despaigne, Yulieski Gourriel, Hideki Okajima
by Gen on Nov.04, 2014 @ 12:44 am, under NPB
Tags: Hanshin Tigers, Hitoshi Tamura, Masanori Hayashi, Tatsuhiko Kinjo, Yakult Swallows, Yokohama Bay Stars
- The Tigers could offer Hiroyuki Nakajima (32) a three year deal worth about one billion yen plus incentives. Source: Sanspo 11/3/2014
- Takashi Toritani (33) could be planning a trip to the United States soon. If timed properly, he might also be able to speak to some MLB teams while he is there. He is expected to file his international FA option before leaving. Source: Sanspo 11/3/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Masanori Hayashi (31) has decided not to exercise his FA option. He likely agreed to a three-year deal. Source: Sponichi 11/3/2014
- Hitoshi Tamura (37) is not planning to exercise his FA option. Source: Sponichi 11/3/2014
- Tatsuhiko Kinjo (38) has decided to exercise his FA option. He is expected to file the necessary paperwork on Tuesday. Source: Daily Sports 11/3/2014, Sponichi 11/3/2014 ... When team officials met Kinjo in September, they asked him if he was going to retire and offered a coaching position. Kiyoshi Nakahata was expecting Kinjo to return next season as an active player and did not find out about the team's offer until after the veteran reached out to him for advice. Nakahata and the front office continue to have problems communicating. Source: Sponichi 11/3/2014
- The Swallows are interested in Keiji Obiki (30). They like his glove and his leadership abilities. They are also looking for a shortstop. Source: Sponichi 11/3/2014
Comments Off on [11/3/2014] Rumors: Hanshin Tigers, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yakult Swallows
by Gen on Oct.27, 2014 @ 2:59 am, under NPB
Tags: Chihiro Kaneko, Masanori Hayashi, Rakuten Eagles, Seibu Lions, Wily Mo Pena, Yokohama Bay Stars
- Kaneko watched Game 3 of the World Series. He showed up at the stadium wearing a hat and black-rimmed glasses. He watched the pre-game ceremonies and stayed until the end. He did not speak to the media.
- If Kaneko gets posted, there is a good chance his agent in the United States will be Arn Tellem.
Source: Nikkan Sports 10/26/2014, Sponichi 10/26/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Masanori Hayashi is still not sure what he wants to do with his FA option. He was offered what may have been a three-year deal during talks with the organization on the 20th. The Bay Stars are not planning to keep their offer on the table if Hayashi decides to exercise the option to test the waters. Source: Sponichi 10/26/2014
- Ginjiro Sumitani was a commentator on Bunka Hoso's radio broadcast of the Nippon Series on Sunday. When commenting the series after the game, he said, "That atmosphere is amazing. It made me want to be on that field. I feel stronger about making sure the Nippon Series takes place at Seibu Dome next year." Source: Sanspo 10/26/2014
Comments Off on [10/26/2014] Rumors: Chihiro Kaneko, Masanori Hayashi
by Gen on Oct.21, 2014 @ 10:03 am, under NPB
Tags: Daisuke Miura, Eishin Soyogi, Hanshin Tigers, Hiroshima Carp, Hiroyasu Tanaka, Masanori Hayashi, Ryoji Aikawa, Shogo Kimura, Yakult Swallows, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yulieski Gourriel
- The Tigers are interested in Motohiro Shima and Naoki Miyanishi. Source: Sanspo 10/20/2014
- Eishin Soyogi and Shogo Kimura each met team official Kiyoaki Suzuki on Monday. It was their first meeting regarding the 2015 season. The two will likely be given offers during their second meeting some time next week. Source: Daily Sports 10/20/2014, Sports Hochi 10/21/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Veterans Daisuke Miura and Hitoshi Tamura met with team officials in Yokohama on Monday. Tatsuhiko Kinjo is also expected to meet team officials shortly. All three players have FA options. Source: Sports Hochi 10/20/2014
- The Bay Stars are planning to offer, or have already offered, Masanori Hayashi a three-year contract with a large bump in salary. They met the thirty-one-year-old pitcher for their first round of negotiations on Monday. Yokohama is not planning to keep their offer on the table if Hayasahi exercises his FA option. Source: Sports Hochi 10/20/2014, Sponichi 10/21/2014
- Yulieski Gourriel held a press conference in Cuba and said. "There are other goods teams like Yomiuri, but if I could pick, I would choose to return to DeNA. The manager, players, interpreter, and fans treated me well. The fans in Japan are the best." Source: Nikkan Sports 10/21/2014
Comments Off on [10/20/2014] Free Agents and Rumors: Masanori Hayashi (Yokohama), Yulieski Gourriel
by Gen on Aug.28, 2014 @ 8:35 pm, under NPB
Tags: FA Option, Masanori Hayashi, Yokohama Bay Stars
Thirty-year-old pitcher Masanori Hayashi earned his international FA option today with nine years of service time on the active roster.
When asked about the option, he replied, "I am happy. It's like a medal. But I don't really have an interest in America."
He added, "With regards to this year, I appreciate the playing time and the team is doing well. We have a chance to make the Climax Series and I'm happy to be a part of it. I want to work hard until the end."
Source: Daily Sports 8/28/2014, Sports Hochi 8/28/2014
Comments Off on [8/28/2014] Yokohama Bay Stars: Masanori Hayashi earns international FA option
by Gen on Jul.07, 2014 @ 3:46 am, under NPB
Tags: Masanori Hayashi, Yakult Swallows, Yasuhiro Ogawa, Yokohama Bay Stars
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Masanori Hayashi was hit by a comebacker to he mound during the 6th inning of Sunday's game against Hanshin. Pinch-hitter Kazunari Tsuruoka hit a 2-2 pitch back to the mound that hit Hayashi near the left ear. He had to be taken off the field on a stretcher. Source: Daily Sports 7/6/2014 ... Hayashi was diagnosed with a bruise on his left cheek. No other abnormalities were found. Source: Sports Hochi 7/6/2014, Sponichi 7/6/2014
- Yasuhiro Ogawa (right hand) is slated to return to the active roster in time for a start on the 12th against Yokohama at Jingu. Source: Sports Hochi 7/6/2014
Comments Off on [7/6/2014] Injury Report: Masanori Hayashi (Yokohama), Yasuhiro Ogawa (Yakult)
by Gen on Aug.25, 2013 @ 7:05 pm, under NPB
Tags: Chiba Lotte Marines, Injuries, Masanori Hayashi, Nippon Ham Fighters, Norihiro Nakamura, Shohei Otani, Shugo Fujii, Softbank Hawks, Takuya Furuya, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yuki Yanagita
Yokohama Bay Stars
Masanori Hayashi and Shugo Fujii were taken off the active roster today -- Fujii started Saturday's game against Yomiuri and left after throwing just seventeen pitches with discomfort in his left elbow; Hayashi entered the game in relief in the 9th and was removed with tightness in his back.
Norihiro Nakamura was left out of the starting line-up on Saturday with tightness in his back. He returned to the starting line-up today.
Source: Sponichi 8/25/2013, Daily Sports 8/25/2013
Nippon Ham Fighters
Shohei Otani tore some skin on his right middle finger during his last start on the 23rd against the Orix Buffaloes. He had the finger taped before Saturday's game and told reporters he was fine.
Source: Sanspo 8/25/2013, Sponichi 8/25/2013
The Hawks are using Yuki Yanagita as a DH because his right shoulder is not yet fully healed.
Source: Daily Sports 8/25/2013
Chiba Lotte Marines
Takuya Furuya started a game against Rakuten on Saturday and was pulled after giving up three runs over three innings. He later complained of tightness in his left shoulder. He was taken off the active roster today. He will have the shoulder examined on Monday. The team does not think the condition is serious.
Source: Sponichi 8/25/2013
Comments Off on [8/25/2013] Injury Updates: Hayashi, Fujii, Nakamura (YOK), Otani (HAM), Yanagita (SOF), Furuya (LOT)
by Gen on Dec.11, 2011 @ 4:57 pm, under NPB
Tags: Kazumasa Kikuchi, Masanori Hayashi, Yokohama Bay Stars
The Yokohama Bay Stars announced today that they signed Masanori Hayashi (28) and Kazumasa Kikuchi (29). Both players were released by the Nippon Ham Fighters after the season.
UPDATE 12/13 @ 6:13pm - The Bay Stars held a press conference at their team offices today in order to introduce Hayashi and Kikuchi to the media.
Uniform numbers have not been assigned, but salaries for the 2012 season have been decided: Hayashi will be making 26M yen and Kikuchi 15M yen.
Comments Off on Yokohama Bay Stars add Masanori Hayashi, Kazumasa Kikuchi
by Gen on Dec.05, 2011 @ 11:21 am, under NPB
Tags: Alex Ramirez, Kazumasa Kikuchi, Masaaki Koike, Masanori Hayashi, Yokohama Bay Stars
According to Sponichi, the Yokohama Bay Stars are moving foward with plans to offer Alex Ramirez (37) a multi-year deal. A team rep told reporters that if things go well, a deal could be agreed upon some time this week.
Sanspo also notes that the Bay Stars could also be close to a deal* with Masaaki Koike (31) and that they were expected to announce the additions of Masanori Hayashi (28) and Kazumasa Kikuchi (29) some time today.
* Chunichi Sports mentioned back on 11/29 the team may have been planning to offer him a two-year deal worth around 80M yen a year.
Comments Off on Yokohama Bay Stars to offer Alex Ramirez a multi-year deal
by Gen on Nov.21, 2011 @ 8:39 pm, under NPB
Tags: Kazuyuki Hoashi, Masanori Hayashi, Softbank Hawks
The Softbank Hawks decided today that they will pursue 32-year-old Kazuyki Hoashi if he decides to exercise his FA option (which seems very likely at this point).
The Hawks have also been looking at 28-year-old Masanori Hayashi as a lefty option out of the bullpen.
Comments Off on Softbank Hawks to pursue Kazuyuki Hoashi; to look into Masanori Hayashi