Eri Yoshida recorded her first BC League win with the Ishikawa Million Stars on June 29.
Here are a couple odds and ends taken from media reports about Julio Franco (a little late, my apologies).
- Franco is interested in managing in Japan.
- He came to Japan because he wanted to learn more about Japanese baseball and for the opportunity to manage.
- The Ishikawa Million Stars finished the first half in third place in the ADVANCE-West division with a 16-19-2 record. They are 1-2-0 so far in the second half, through July 6.
- Through July 5, Franco is 19-for-67 with nine runs, four doubles, and fifteen RBI in twenty-one games.
- He was invited to QVC Marine Field for a ceremonial first at bat on June 10 before a Chunichi-Lotte game. [Pa-League TV]
Stats through July 5, 22:00. (continue reading...)
Kyuji Fujikawa made his Shikoku Island League debut on June 20. He started the game and gave up a run over four innings of work. He topped out at 146km/h. He was originally scheduled to pitch two or three innings, but he pushed to go four.
Scouts from Hanshin, Yokohama, Softbank, and Rakuten were at the game. About 140 members of the media were also at the game.
There was a long line in front of the ticket window, about 700 people, before gates at the stadium opened. Twenty security guards, ten times the usual number, watched over the game. Kochi police were also at the ready.
Fujikawa is slated to pitch against on June 27.
Fujikawa's line: 4.0 IP, 57 NP, 18 BF, 5 H, 1 BB, 2 SO, 1 R, 1 ER.
Attendance: 2865 | Time: 2h43m | Venue: Kochi Stadium