- Orix Buffaloes' official Ryuzo Setoyama told reporters on Sunday that he spoke to Kaneko's agent on the 21st.
- The Buffaloes were told Kaneko still felt strongly about the team and wanted to win a championship with them, but was also curious about his options. There was no mention of posting.
- The Yokohama Bay Stars are interested in Kaneko and could be open to posting him after a year.
- The Hanshin Tigers are planning to give Toritani some space to consider their offer. If they meet with him again, it will most likely be after he hears from MLB teams.
- Sponichi asked 100 Hanshin fans if they wanted Toritani to stay or leave. Ninety-one wanted him to remain. Six wanted him to go to the Majors. Three did not care either way.
- Koyano could hold a press conference to announce his decision on the 26th.
- Koyano has reportedly contacted the Seibu Lions to turn down their offer.
- Part of the reason why Koyano turned Seibu down may have had to do with not wanting to play at Seibu Dome, where temperatures can fluctuate.
- Koyano may have also been offered a three-year deal worth over 300 million yen by the Orix Buffaloes. Seibu's offer may have been two years at about 200 million yen.
- The Yakult Swallows could try to snag a veteran outfielder from the Yomiuri Giants as compensation for losing Aikawa. Yakult could have their eye on players like Yoshinobu Takahashi, Yano Kenji, or Tetsuya Matsumoto.