Practice Game: Seibu vs Softbank, February 28
- Softbank 3 - Seibu 1
- Isamu Sato started the game for Seibu. He gave up two runs on three hits over four innings of work. He struck out Yuki Yanagita twice. He surrendered a two-run home run to Tomoaki Egawa in the fourth. He threw sixty-nine pitches.
- Tsuyoshi Wada started and pitched three shutout innings. He faced nine hitters, allowed one hit (two out single to left to Daichi Mizuguchi in the third inning), recorded one pick-off, and threw twenty-five pitches. He pitched an extra inning because he was still at nineteen pitches after two innings. He topped out at 144km/h.
- Shota Takeda relieved Wada. He gave up a run on three hits in three innings of work.
- Yuki Yanagita was the starting designated hitter for Softbank and batted third. He hit a triple to left-center off Chen-Chang Lee in the fifth.
Practice Game: Nippon Ham vs Hiroshima, February 28
- Hiroshima 6 - Nippon Ham 1
- Nippon Ham: Dai-Kang Yoh (CF), Haruki Nishikawa (LF), Brandon Laird (3B), Sho Nakata (1B), Shohei Otani (DH), Shingo Ishikawa (RF), Toshitake Yokoo (2B), Shota Ono (C), Takuya Nakashima (SS), Kohei Arihara (SP)
- Kohei Arihara gave up four runs on six hits over four innings.
- Shohei Otani went 1-for-4: G6, 1B8, F7, G4.
- Toshitake Yokoo recorded a hit and a walk.
- Hiroshima: Ryosuke Kikuchi (2B), Kosuke Tanaka (SS), Yoshihiro Maru (CF), Hector Luna (3B), Brad Eldred (LF), Jason Pridie (DH), Takahiro Arai (1B), Sohichiro Amaya (RF), Tsubasa Aizawa (C), Kris Johnson (SP)
- Kris Johnson gave up a run through three plus innings. He pitched well in the first two innings, but started struggling with his control in the third.
- Jay Jackson entered the game in the fifth inning and pitched a perfect inning in relief (Ks, Ks, G5).
- Bradin Hagens entered the game in the sixth inning and did not allow a run or a hit in one inning of work.
- Yoshihiro Maru recorded two hits (singles to right in second and third at bats).
- The Carp recorded four straight hits to start the second inning: Hector Luna single to center, Brad Eldred single to center, Jason Pridie RBI single to right, Takahiro Arai RBI single to center. They scored a third run in the inning on a sac fly by Tsubasa Aizawa.
Source: Tokyo Sports 2/28/2016, Sports Hochi 2/28/2016, Chunichi Sports 2/28/2016, Nikkan Sports 2/28/2016, Nikkan Sports 2/29/2016, Daily Sports 2/28/2016, Daily Sports 2/28/2016, Daily Sports 2/29/2016, Sanspo 2/29/2016
Practice Game: Rakuten vs Orix, February 28
- Rakuten 5 - Orix 4
- Takahiro Norimoto entered the game in the fifth for Rakuten and tossed a perfect inning in relief (G3, Ks, G4). He threw nine pitches and topped out at 149km/h.
- Ginji got the start at first and batted second. He went 2-for-3: single to right in the first and single to center in the third.
- Jonny Gomes was the starting designated hitter and batted third. He went 0-for-2: foul out to third, strikeout swinging.
- Eigoro Mogi started at short and batted fifth. He went 1-for-2 with an RBI: with runners on first and second and two out in the first, he hit a timely single to right.
- Louis Okoye entered the game as a defensive replacement in center in the fourth inning. He went 0-for-1 at the plate.
- Yuki Nishi started the game for Orix. He gave up two runs over two innings. He was pulled after five full innings and inserted into a Ni-gun game against Yomiuri that was taking place at a neighboring stadium. Kohei Suzuki was called up from the Ni-gun game.
- Brent Morel was the starting designated hitter and batted third. He hit a home run off Takahiro Shiomi in the first inning. He struck out looking in the third.
- Koji Oshiro got the start at short and batted eighth. He struggled on defense: he could not glove two balls in the first and third and committed two errors (fielding, catching) in the fourth.
Source: Sports Hochi 2/28/2016, Sports Hochi 2/28/2016, Sports Hochi 2/29/2016, Sports Hochi 2/29/2016, Nikkan Sports 2/28/2016, Nikkan Sports 2/29/2016, Sponichi 2/28/2016, Sponichi 2/29/2016, Sponichi 2/29/2016, Daily Sports 2/29/2016, Daily Sports 2/29/2016
Practice Game: LG (KBO) vs Chunichi, February 28
- LG 10 - Chunichi 5
- Yudai Ono started the game and gave up four runs on nine hits over three innings.
- Shinnosuke Ogasawara entered the game in the seventh and pitched one inning in relief. He gave up a run (sac fly with the bases loaded and one out) on a hit (infield hit) and walked two (in a row). He topped out at 146km/h. Line: BB, BB, Fo5, 1B6, SF9, Fo2.
- Masataka Iryo started in left and batted second. He went 4-for-5. He was picked off first in the ninth.
- Masahiko Morino got the start at third. He hit a two-out, solo homerun to right in the third.
Practice Game: Yokohama vs Nexen (KBO), February 28
- Nexen 5 - Yokohama 2
- Kento Kumabara started the game and gave up two runs on six hits in four innings. He topped out at 148km/h.
- Jamie Romak started in right and batted fifth. He hit a solo home run in the sixth inning.
- Hyuma started at right and batted seventh. He went 4-for-4 with a double and an RBI.
Practice Game: Lotte vs Doosan (KBO), February 28
- Lotte 5 - Doosan 2
- Ryota Sekiya started the game and gave up a run on two hits over four innings of work. The run he allowed scored on a wild pitch in the second inning. He struck out three and topped out at 143km/h. He walked a batter in the first inning, but erased the baserunner with a double play. He retired the side in order in the third and fourth innings.
- Jason Standridge pitched two innings in relief after Ryota Sekiya. He allowed two hits and no runs.
- Takahiro Fujioka pitched an inning in relief. He entered the game in the ninth and struck out three in a row (Kl, Kl, Ks).
- Daichi Suzuki hit a two-run home run in the second inning.
Intra-squad Game: Hanshin, February 28
- Reds 7 - Whites 3
- Reds: Yamato (2B), Yutaro Itayama (RF), Takashi Toritani (SS), Mauro Gomez (1B), Ryota Imanari (3B), Shun Takayama (LF), Shinji Komiyama (C), Fumihito Haraguchi (DH), Masahiro Nakatani (CF), Takumi Akiyama (SP)
- Takumi Akiyama started the game and allowed two run on seven hits over four innings.
- Rafael Dolis pitched two innings in relief and gave up a run on one hit.
- Yutaro Itayama recorded a triple to right-center off Kazuhito Futagami in the fifth inning.
- Takashi Toritani (two-run) and Mauro Gomez (solo) went back-to-back in the fifth inning.
- Shun Takayama hit an inside-the-park three-run home run off Kazuhito Futagami in the sixth inning.
- Whites: Hiroki Uemoto (2B), Fumiya Hojo (SS), Tsuyoshi Nishioka (DH), Shintaro Yokota (LF), Naomasa Yokowa (3B), Taiga Egoshi (CF), Fumiya Araki (1B), Ryosuke Ogata (RF), Taichi Okazaki (C), Shintaro Fujinami (SP)
- Shintaro Fujinami did not allow a run or a hit over four innings of work. He struck out one and topped out at 154km/h. He faced twelve hitters and threw forty-two pitches.
- Kazuhito Futagami gave up seven runs (four earned) on seven hits (including three home runs) over two innings of work.
- Naomasa Yokowa led off the second inning with a home run to center off Takumi Akiyama.
Source: Sports Hochi 2/28/2016, Chunichi Sports 2/28/2016, Nikkan Sports 2/28/2016, Nikkan Sports 2/28/2016, Nikkan Sports 2/28/2016, Nikkan Sports 2/28/2016, Sponichi 2/28/2016, Sanspo 2/29/2016, Sanspo 2/29/2016, Sanspo 2/29/2016, Daily Sports 2/29/2016
Ni-gun Practice Game: Orix vs Yomiuri, February 28
- Yomiuri 6 - Orix 1
- Kentaro Taira started the game for Yomiuri. He gave up six hits over three shutout innings.
- Yasuhiro Yamamoto got the start at short and batted lead-off. He went 2-for-3: double to center in the first and single to right in the sixth.
Batting Practice Scrimmage (Indoors): Softbank Hawks, February 28
- Daisuke Matsuzaka faced nine hitters (combination of Kentaro Enomoto and Ryuma Kidokoro) and gave up two hits and walked three. He threw forty-two pitches and struck out two.
Batting Practice Scrimmage: Hanshin Tigers, February 28
- Koyo Aoyagi faced eight batters. He did not allow any hits, but did walk two.
- Yuya Ando faced seven hitters. He did not allow any hits, but did walk to.