Tag: Tsuyoshi Nishioka
by Gen on Jul.24, 2014 @ 12:04 am, under NPB
Tags: Chunichi Dragons, Hanshin Tigers, Kazuhiro Wada, Kazuki Yoshimi, Keiichi Hirano, Orix Buffaloes, Ryoma Matsuda, Tsuyoshi Nishioka
- Ryoma Matsuda (right elbow) played in his first Ni-gun intra-squad rehab game on Wednesday. He pitched one inning and retired the side in order. He threw nine pitches, struck out one, and topped out at 146km/h. Source: Sports Hochi 7/23/2014, Nikkan Sports 7/23/2014
- The Tigers took Tsuyoshi Nishioka off the active roster on Wednesday with pain in his back. Nishioka was slated to earn his domestic FA option on the same day. Source: Sponichi 7/23/2014
- Kazuki Yoshimi left Wednesday's game early because of tightness in his elbow. His status moving forward is uncertain at this time. Source: Sports Hochi 7/24/2014
- Kazuhiro Wada missed another game on Wednesday because he is still recovering from an HBP to the left side of the head during a game against Yokohama on the 21st. "There is still some swelling and pain. I feel a little sick when I run," said Wada. Source: Nikkan Sports 7/24/2014
by Gen on Jul.23, 2014 @ 3:18 am, under NPB
Tags: Chunichi Dragons, Hanshin Tigers, Kazuhiro Wada, Seibu Lions, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Wladimir Balentien, Yakult Swallows, Yomiuri Giants, Yoshiyuki Kamei, Yusei Kikuchi
- Yoshiyuki Kamei returned to the starting line-up on Monday for the first time in six games. Kamei was apparently having problems with tightness in his right calf. Source: Sponichi 7/22/2014
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka was not available to play on Tuesday because of tightness in his back. Source: Sports Hochi 7/22/2014
- Kazuhiro Wada took an HBP off the left side of his head during Monday's game against Yokohama. Tests at a hospital did not reveal any abnormalities. He did participate in pre-game warm-ups on Tuesday, but did not take part in other workouts like batting practice. Yokohama's Shun Yamaguchi briefly met with Wada before the game to apologize for the pitch he threw. He did not play on Tuesday and instead rested. He is considered day-to-day. Source: Nikkan Sports 7/22/2014
- Wladimir Balentien did not play on Tuesday because of pain in his left wrist. He tweaked the wrist during his first at bat on Monday. He was available off the bench as a pinch-hitter. He will be examined at a hospital on Wednesday as a precaution. Source: Sports Hochi 7/22/2014, Nikkan Sports 7/22/2014
- Yusei Kikuchi left Tuesday's game against Rakuten after two innings because he developed a blister on his left middle finger. Source: Sponichi 7/22/2014
by Gen on Jul.09, 2014 @ 2:31 am, under NPB
Tags: Atsushi Nomi, Brad Eldred, Daichi Osera, Hanshin Tigers, Hiroshima Carp, Ryuji Ichioka, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Wladimir Balentien, Yakult Swallows
- Itaru Hashimoto (left thigh) played in a Ni-gun rehab game against Lotte on Tuesday. He got the start in center and batted third. He went 3-for-5 with three RBI. He told reporters he was at about ninety percent. Source: Nikkan Sports 7/8/2014
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka (right elbow) could return to the starting line-up on the 10th against the Hiroshima Carp at Koshien. Source: Sports Hochi 7/8/2014
- Atsushi Nomi (left side) will probably toss a couple more bullpen sessions before a possible start on the 13th. He will most likely begin throwing breaking/off-speed pitches during his next session. Source: Sponichi 7/8/2014
- 1st round draft pick Daichi Osera took a batted ball off his right hand during Tuesday's game against Hanshin. With a runner on first and one out, Yamato hit a ball back to the mound that hit Osera near the base of the thumb and index finger. He was removed from the game as a precaution. Source: Sponichi 7/8/2014, Daily Sports 7/8/2014, Nikkan Sports 7/8/2014
- Brad Eldred was pulled from Tuesday's game against Hanshin after he hurt his left middle finger while trying to check his swing during his at bat in the 8th inning. Source: Sponichi 7/8/2014, Nikkan Sports 7/8/2014
- Ryuji Ichioka (right shoulder) pitched in a Ni-gun rehab game against Hanshin on Tuesday. He entered the game in the 7th and gave up two runs (none earned) on one hit over an inning of work. He topped out at 144km/h. Source: Sports Hochi 7/8/2014, Nikkan Sports 7/8/2014
- Yasuhiro Ogawa (right hand) joined the Ichi-gun team for workouts on Tuesday. He is could get a start on the 12th against Yokohama at Jingu Stadium. Source: Sponichi 7/8/2014
- Wladimir Balentien (left Achilles tendon) worked out at the Ni-gun facilities in Toda, Saitama on Tuesday. During outdoor batting practice, he swung the bat 100 times and hit twenty-one over the fence. He could return to the active roster in time for a game against Yokohama at Jingu on the 13th. Source: Daily Sports 7/8/2014 ... Balentien and Kazuhiro Hatakeyama (left biceps femoris) could make it back to the active roster in time for the Yomiuri series that begins on the 14th at Tokyo Dome. Source: Sanspo 7/8/2014
by Gen on Jul.04, 2014 @ 3:21 am, under NPB
Tags: Chunichi Dragons, Hanshin Tigers, Kazuki Yoshimi, Rakuten Eagles, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Wladimir Balentien, Yakult Swallows, Yuta Iwasada, Zach Lutz
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka (right elbow) took some indoor batting practice on Thursday. The Tigers are planning to him on their road trip. Source: Sanspo 7/3/2014, Nikkan Sports 7/3/2014
- 1st round draft pick Yuta Iwasada (left elbow) will probably pitch in three to four more Ni-gun rehab games. He might be able to make the active roster some time in August, assuming no setbacks. Source: Daily Sports 7/3/2014
- Kazuki Yoshimi (right elbow) joined the Ichi-gun team for workouts at Jingu Stadium on Thursday. Source: Daily Sports 7/3/2014
- Wladimir Balentien (left Achilles tendon) is expected to resume batting practice this week and could play in his first Ni-gun rehab game some time next week. Source: Daily Sports 7/3/2014 ... Balentien started taking soft-toss batting practice on Tuesday. Source: Sponichi 7/3/2014
- Zach Lutz made the starting line-up as the designated hitter and batted fifth against Orix on Thursday. He was replaced after he struck out in his first trip to the plate. The team trainer told reporters Lutz was pulled as precaution because he had difficulty using his right arm that got hit by a pitch on June 29. He is considered day-to-day. Source: Nikkan Sports 7/3/2014
by Gen on Jul.03, 2014 @ 3:32 am, under NPB
Tags: Dai-Kang Yoh, Hanshin Tigers, Hideto Asamura, Nippon Ham Fighters, Orix Buffaloes, Rakuten Eagles, Seibu Lions, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Yuniesky Betancourt, Yuta Iwasada, Zach Lutz
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka missed his second straight game on Wednesday with tightness in his right elbow. The Tigers are taking it easy with Nishioka because he had elbow problems (inflammation) during spring camp. He might undergo an evaluation at a hospital if his condition does not improve. Source: Sponichi 7/2/2014
- 1st round draft pick Yuta Iwasada (left elbow) started a Ni-gun rehab game against Chunichi on Wednesday. He pitched three innings and gave up one run on two hits. He also struck out three and hit 142km/h on the radar gun. Source: Nikkan Sports 7/2/2014
- Zach Lutz still has some pain in the right forearm he took an HBP off of on June 29. He did not play on Tuesday, but did return to the starting line-up on Wednesday. Source: Sponichi 7/2/2014
- Hideto Asamura (left knee) could make it back to the active roster in time for the Orix series that begins on July 11 at Seibu Dome. Depending on his condition, he could skip over the rehab games and be used off the bench until he is ready to play everyday. Source: Sports Hochi 7/2/2014
- Yuniesky Betancourt will be returning to the United States to get a second opinion on his right big toe from his doctor in Miami, Florida. He started complaining about pain in the toe about a month ago and was diagnosed with bursitis. The Buffaloes are not sure when Betancourt will be able to return since he might need surgery. Source: Sanspo 7/2/2014, Daily Sports 7/2/2014
Nippon Ham Fighters
- Dai-Kang Yoh (left knee) played in a Ni-gun rehab game against Yomiuri on Wednesday. He entered the game as a pinch-hitter in the 8th, hit a single to center, and was replaced by a pinch-runner. It was his first game since June 9. Source: Nikkan Sports 7/2/2014
by Gen on Jul.02, 2014 @ 2:26 am, under NPB
Tags: Atsunori Inaba, Hanshin Tigers, Kensuke Kondo, Nippon Ham Fighters, Rakuten Eagles, Tetsuya Utsumi, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Yomiuri Giants, Zach Lutz
- Tetsuya Utsumi (left shoulder) started a Ni-gun game against Nippon Ham on Tuesday. He gave up two runs on five hits over six innings of work. He threw eighty-six pitches, walked one, struck out four, and topped out at 141km/h. The two runs he allowed came on a two-run home run to Kenji Sato in the 6th. He is currently scheduled to return to the active roster in time for a start on the 9th against Yokohama. Source: Sponichi 7/1/2014, Nikkan Sports 7/1/2014
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka missed Tuesday's game against the Yakult Swallows because of tightness in his right elbow. He participated in pre-game warm-ups and batting practice, but did not fielding practice. Whether or not plays on Wednesday will depend on how he is feeling before the game. Source: Daily Sports 7/1/2014, Sponichi 7/1/2014, Nikkan Sports 7/1/2014
- Zach Lutz took an HBP off his right forearm during a game against Nippon Ham on June 29. He was examined at a hospital on Tuesday and diagnosed with a bruise. He did not play on Tuesday and is a question mark for Wednesday. Source: Nikkan Sports 7/1/2014
Nippon Ham Fighters
- Atsunori Inaba (left knee) played in a Ni-gun rehab game against Yomiuri on Tuesday. He was the starting designated hitter and batted third. He went 0-for-2: F7, Kl. Source: Nikkan Sports 7/1/2014
- Kensuke Kondo (left hamstring) also played in Tuesday's Ni-gun game against Yomiuri. He entered the game as a pinch-hitter for Inaba in the 6th and went 1-for-3 with an RBI. It was his first game since June 15. Source: Nikkan Sports 7/1/2014
by Gen on Jun.27, 2014 @ 4:10 am, under NPB
Tags: Hanshin Tigers, Nippon Ham Fighters, Rakuten Eagles, Seibu Lions, Seiichi Uchikawa, Shohei Otani, Softbank Hawks, Takeya Nakamura, Tsuyoshi Nishioka
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka joined the Ichi-gun team for practices at Koshien on Thursday. He took fielding practice at third and batted from both sides of the plate during batting practice. Source: Sports Hochi 6/26/2014
- Senichi Hoshino might step down as Pacific League All-Star manager so that he can focus on his recovery. Hoshino recently had surgery to treat the ossification of thoracic yellow ligament and a herniated lumbar disc. If the decision becomes official, Lotte's Tsutomu Ito could step in as an alternate. Source: Sanspo 6/26/2014 ... All-Star manager/coaching staff selections will formally be made on the 30th. Source: Sponichi 6/26/2014
- Takeya Nakamura might not be able to play on the 27th because of right elbow discomfort. Source: Daily Sports 6/26/2014
Nippon Ham Fighters
- Shohei Otani took a batted ball off his left wrist during his start against Yokohama on Wednesday. He told reporters on Thursday the wrist felt fine. Source: Daily Sports 6/26/2014
by Gen on Jun.25, 2014 @ 1:00 am, under NPB
Tags: Hanshin Tigers, Takashi Toritani, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Yuta Iwasada
Injury report for the Hanshin Tigers from June 24.
- Takashi Toritani missed workouts on Tuesday because he was getting his right leg examined at a hospital. Toritani was playing with some discomfort near his right knee over the last few days. The examination was a precautionary measure. Source: Sponichi 6/24/2014
- Ichi-gun coaches watched Tsuyoshi Nishioka play in a Ni-gun game against Orix on Tuesday. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/24/2014 ... Nishioka got the start at third and batted lead-off. He went 2-for-5. He is also scheduled to play in Wednesday's game. Yutaka Wada told reporters he would make a decision on Nishioka after he sees how things go on Wednesday. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/24/2014
- 1st round draft pick Yuta Iwasada (left elbow) pitched in a batting practice scrimmage at Naruohama on Tuesday. He faced ten hitters and struck out five. He is currently slated to pitch in his first Ni-gun rehab game on July 1 against Chunichi. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/24/2014
Sanspo posted Yutaka Wada's interaction with the media on Tuesday regarding Nishioka and Toritani.
Is everything coming along Nishioka?
Everything is going well. But it's just one game, I'm still worried about how he'll hold up when he plays multiple games.
When will he return to Ichi-gun?
He'll play on Wednesday. There's a question of how he's feeling. If everything is fine, it means he's very close to a return.
How was his defense at third?
I've watched film, so this wasn't the first time I saw him. He looked good even though he didn't play for a few days. He played a full game today. If he's okay tomorrow morning and if he plays then he might be okay to go.
What about his spot in the order?
We're still not sure if he's ready, he needs to get through [tomorrow] first.
Toritani was out today.
Something was worrying him. He's not the kind of player to sit because he's hurting. But he came to us and said that he wanted to get something checked. I don't think it's anything that will keep him out of games. The examination was more about putting him as ease. He might take it a little easy during workouts over the next couple days to make sure he's in good condition [for the 27th].
It has something to do with his leg.
His right leg. But it isn't really with a specific section. I think it's something around the knee.
Is it discomfort?
Discomfort, maybe more like something that was bothering him. This didn't start yesterday with an examination today. It started a few days ago and he's played through it. This isn't something that's going to sideline him.
Source: Sanpso 6/24/2014
by Gen on Jun.22, 2014 @ 12:02 am, under NPB
Tags: Hanshin Tigers, Hiroki Uemoto, Hiroshima Carp, Seibu Lions, Shota Dobayashi, Takeya Nakamura, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Wladimir Balentien, Yakult Swallows, Yasuhiro Ogawa, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yoshinori Sato, Yoshitomo Tsutsugo
- Hiroki Uemoto almost sat out Saturday's game against Rakuten when he took a batted ball off his right thumbnail during pre-game fielding practice. He had it taped and was able to return to practices. He ended up making the starting line-up, but coaches did consider pulling him because they were worried about his condition. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/21/2014
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka took ninety-two swings (fifty-three from the right and thirty-nine from the left) during batting practice at Naruohama on Saturday and hit one over the fence. He also took fielding practice at third. Source: Sanspo 6/21/2014
- Shota Dobayashi was taken off the active roster on May 9 with a fracture in his right ring finger. He resumed soft-toss batting practice with both hands earlier this month on the 11th. He joined Ni-gun workouts on Friday and participated in fielding practice. He also saw nine pitches from Katsuhiro Nakagawa during batting practice and recorded two could-be hits, including one that went over the fence. During a batting practice scrimmage he hit a double to right-center and walked twice in three trips to the plate against Takayuki Oshima and hit a single to left and a single to center in six plate appearances against Yuki Saito. He could play in his first Ni-gun rehab game on the 24th against Chunichi. Assuming no setbacks, he could make it back to the active roster when the regular season resumes on the 27th. Source: Daily Sports 6/21/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Yoshitomo Tsutsugo (back of right thigh) could return to the active roster on the 28th (minimum ten days). Source: Tokyo Sports 6/21/2014
- Yoshinori Sato (right shoulder) started a Ni-gun game against Nippon Ham on Saturday. He tossed a shutout inning and gave up one hit, walked one, and struck out one. This was his second rehab game. He topped out at 148km/h. Source: Sanspo 6/21/2014
- Yasuhiro Ogawa (right hand) could return to the active roster some time during a nine-game stretch that begins on July 8. He is currently scheduled to pitch in his first rehab game at Ni-gun against Yomiuri on the 27th. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/21/2014
- Wladimir Balentien (left Achilles tendon) might not be ready to return to the active roster until some time in July. Source: Sports Hochi 6/21/2014
- Takeya Nakamura did not participate in workouts at Seibu Dome on Friday because he was getting treatment for his right elbow. Nakamura started feeling discomfort in the elbow during a game against Chunichi at Nagoya Dome on Wednesday. Source: Daily Sports 6/21/2014 ... Nakamura did not take pre-game batting practice on Saturday and was left out of the starting line-up. An examination on Thursday revealed some inflammation. Source: Sports Hochi 6/21/2014, Nikkan Sports 6/21/2014
by Gen on Jun.19, 2014 @ 3:36 am, under NPB
Tags: Atsunori Inaba, Hanshin Tigers, Kensuke Kondo, Nippon Ham Fighters, Seibu Lions, Shogo Yagi, Takeya Nakamura, Tony Barnette, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Yakult Swallows
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka played in a Ni-gun game gainst Rakuten on Wednesday and got the start at third. It was the first time he played defense in a rehab game since his injury. He batted lead-off and went 1-for-4. Source: Sponichi 6/18/2014 ... Nishioka was originally scheduled to get three at bats on Wednesday, but pushed to play through nine innings. He handled six chances at third without any problems. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/18/2014 ... Nishioka went 1-for-2 in Tuesday's Ni-gun game against Rakuten: single to right; walk then stole second; fly out to deep left. Source: Sponichi 6/18/2014
- Tony Barnette (left knee) worked out with the Ichi-gun players at Jingu Gaien on Wednesday. The Swallows are expected to add him to the active roster on Thursday. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/18/2014
- Takeya Nakamura left Wednesday's game against Chunichi on defense in the 5th because of discomfort in his right elbow. He is not scheduled for a hospital examination. The Lions will see how things go with ice treatment. Source: Sponichi 6/18/2014
Nippon Ham Fighters
- Shogo Yagi had surgery to treat an acromioclavicular joint injury in his left shoulder. He suffered the injury during practices on the 13th. He will require about three months for a full recovery. Source: Sanspo 6/18/2014
- Atsunori Inaba (left knee) missed a Ni-gun game against Lotte on Tuesday because of lower back pain caused by fatigue. The back pain started on the 11th. It may have been because he was favoring the left knee without knowing it. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/18/2014
- Kensuke Kondo felt discomfort in the back of his left thigh while running the bases during a game against Yakult on the 15th. He was examined at a hospital in Sapporo and diagnosed with a mild strain. He was taken off the active roster on Tuesday to give the injury more time to heal. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/18/2014