World Baseball Classic, Inc (WBCI) released information about venues and pools for the qualifying round of the 2017 World Baseball Classic.
- Blacktown International Sportspark in Sydney, Australia
- Estadio B Air in Mexicali, Mexico
- Rod Carew Stadium in Panama City, Panama
- MCU Park in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Qualifier 1 (February 11-14, 2016 in Sydney): Australia, New Zealand, Philippines and South Africa
- Qualifier 2 (March 17-20, 2016 in Mexicali): Mexico, Czech Republic, Germany and Nicaragua
- Qualifier 3 (March 17-20, 2016 in Panama City): Colombia, France, Panama and Spain
- Qualifier 4 (September 22-25, 2016 in Brooklyn): Brazil, Great Britain, Israel and Pakistan
The qualifying round will be a six-game modified double-elimination tournament. Pools were determined after venues were selected. Competitve balances, rivalries, and geographic locations were considered. The four teams that win the qualifying round will advance to the World Baseball Classic in 2017. The twelves countries that already have invitations to the 2017 tournament based on their performances in 2013: Canada, China, Chinese Taipei, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kingdom of the Netherlands, Puerto Rico, United States and Venezuela.
Source: MLB.com 9/17/2015