Tag: Yoshihisa Hirano
by Gen on Jul.26, 2015 @ 8:09 pm, under NPB
Tags: FA Option, Orix Buffaloes, Yoshihisa Hirano
Yoshihisa Hirano (31) earned his international FA option today with nine years of service time on the active roster. Hirano signed a three-year contract during the off-season and told the media at the time that he was not planning to exercise his international FA option once he earned it.
Source: Sponichi 7/26/2015
Comments Off on [7/26/2015] Orix Buffaloes: Yoshihisa Hirano earns international FA option
by Gen on Dec.11, 2014 @ 2:50 am, under NPB
Tags: Atori Ota, Chiba Lotte Marines, Chunichi Dragons, Kyuji Fujikawa, Orix Buffaloes, Rick VandenHurk, Ryosuke Hirata, Softbank Hawks, Yakult Swallows, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yoshihisa Hirano, Yuhei, Yulieski Gourriel
The Chiba Lotte Marines received Yakult's list of protected players on the 9th. Lotte has until January 6, but will try to reach a decision before the end of the year. They are planning to select a player as part of their compensation for losing Yoshihisa Naruse. Source: Sports Hochi 12/10/2014
Kyuji Fujikawa will most likely play in the United States next year. A source close to the situation told reporters that the pitcher did not have to consider returning to Japan because there was enough MLB interest. Source: Daily Sports 12/10/2014, Nikkan Sports 12/10/2014
The Softbank Hawks have reportedly agreed to a two-year deal with Rick VandenHurk (29). An announcement is expected within the next couple of days. Source: Nikkan Sports 12/10/2014
Yoshihisa Hirano (30) signed a three-year deal worth 900 million yen. At 300 million a year, he became the highest paid pitcher in franchise history. Hirano likes Orix and feels strongly about winning a championship with them and never considered playing for another team this year. He is slated to earn his international FA option after next season. He is planning to stay with Orix over the next three years, but was unwilling to commit to the organization for the rest of his career when asked by reporters on Tuesday. Source: Daily Sports 12/10/2014, Nikkan Sports 12/10/2014, Sports Hochi 12/10/2014, Sponichi 12/10/2014
The Yokohama Bay Stars may have offered Yulieski Gourriel (30) a one-year deal worth about 350 million yen, in addition to a two-year deal worth as much as 700 million yen. A representative is currently in Cuba handling negotiations. Source: Sports Hochi 12/10/2014
The Yakult Swallows may have offered Yuhei (30) fifty-eight million for 2015 (a raise of about forty-five million). The outfielder placed the offer on hold because he was expecting more. Since this was his first full season at Ichi-gun, he had his management company rate his season. There was a gap between what Yakult offered and what his management company estimated. The Swallows sweetened their deal during the meeting, but have no plans to add to it. Source: Sports Hochi 12/10/2014, Nikkan Sports 12/10/2014
Ryosuke Hirata (26) met Chunichi Dragons' officials on Wednesday for about ninety minutes and agreed to a deal worth an estimated forty-seven million yen in 2015 (twelve million raise). The amount remained unchanged since the first round of negotiations, but time and a better understanding of the team's rating system was enough to get Hirata to sign. Source: Sports Hochi 12/10/2014, Daily Sports 12/10/2014, Sponichi 12/10/2014, Nikkan Sports 12/10/2014
Atori Ota (25) agreed to a deal worth an estimated 9.5 million yen (a salary cut of three million) on Wednesday. It was Ota's second meeting with Yokohama Bay Star officials. It was the same offer he received during his first meeting. Source: Sponichi 12/10/2014
Comments Off on [12/10/2014] Rumors: Rick VandenHurk, Kyuji Fujikawa, Yulieski Gourriel
by Gen on Dec.10, 2014 @ 2:06 am, under NPB
Tags: Hanshin Tigers, Orix Buffaloes, Seibu Lions, Shintaro Fujinami, Takeya Nakamura, Yakult Swallows, Yoshihisa Hirano, Yuhei Takai
Hanshin's Shintaro Fujinami (20) appeared on a variety TV show on Monday and admitted that he would want a chance to play in the Majors if he ever reached that level of play. Source: Sanspo 12/9/2014, Nikkan Sports 12/9/2014, Daily Sports 12/9/2014
Orix's Yoshihisa Hirano (30) agreed to a three-year deal worth 900 million yen. Source: Nikkan Sports 12/9/2014
Takeya Nakamura (31) met Seibu Lion officials for salary negotiations on Monday and agreed to a thirty million yen raise (from 350 to 380 million yen). Nakamura is now the highest paid Japanese player in franchise history. He started the day tied with Kazuo Matsui at 350 million yen. Source: Sponichi 12/9/2014, Daily Sports 12/9/2014
Yuhei (30) was not satisifed with the salary offer he received from the Yakult Swallows on Tuesday and decided to hold off on signing an agreement for the 2015 season. His meeting with team officials lasted about an hour and forty-five minutes. Source: Sponichi 12/9/2014, Nikkan Sports 12/9/2014
by Gen on Nov.01, 2014 @ 4:44 am, under NPB
Tags: Daisuke Matsuzaka, Hiroyuki Nakajima, Motohiro Shima, Orix Buffaloes, Rakuten Eagles, Seibu Lions, Softbank Hawks, Tomotaka Sakaguchi, Yoshihisa Hirano
- Motohiro Shima (29) has decided not to exercise his domestic FA option. He informed team official Yozo Tachibana of his decision before practices on Friday. Source: Nikkan Sports 10/31/2014
- The Lions are interested in Hiroyuki Nakajima (32). They see him as someone that can play third and bat third. His old uniform number, three, is also available. Source: Sports Hochi 10/31/2014
- The Hawks are looking into Daisuke Matsuzaka (34). They could offer him a multi-year deal. Source: Nikkan Sports 10/31/2014 ... Softbank could offer Matsuzaka a multi-year deal with the uniform number eighteen. They are also interested in Munenori Kawasaki (33). Source: Sponichi 10/31/2014 ... The Hawks could offer Matsuzaka a four year deal worth 400 million yen a year plus incentives. They could also offer him the number eighteen. Source: Sports Hochi 10/31/2014
- Jason Standridge, Brian Wolfe, Dennis Sarfate, and Dae-Ho Lee will be returning next year. They signed two-year deals before the start of the season. Barbaro Canizares, Paul Oseguera, and Edison Barrios are question marks. Source: Nikkan Sports 10/31/2014
- Toru Hosokawa (34) finished out the final year of a four-year deal. He is not planning to exercise his FA option. Source: Nikkan Sports 10/31/2014
- Nobuhiko Matsunaka (40) will most likely stay with Softbank, but is not ready to make a decision. Source: Sanspo 10/31/2014
- Softbank may not go after any domestic free agents this off-season. Source: Nikkan Sports 10/31/2014
- Tomotaka Sakaguchi (30) earned his domestic FA option this year. There is a good chance he will remain with Orix. He has already spoken to the Buffaloes at least once and has likely received an offer. Source: Nikkan Sports 10/31/2014
- Yoshihisa Hirano (30) spoke to team official Ryuzo Setoyama at Hotto Motto Kobe on Thursday for about ten minutes. He still needs more time to think, but will likely stay. Source: Nikkan Sports 10/31/2014 ... The Buffaloes may have offered Hirano a number of different kinds of deals to choose from. Source: Daily Sports 10/31/2014
Comments Off on [10/31/2014] Rumors: Rakuten Eagles, Seibu Lions, Softbank Hawks, Orix Buffaloes
by Gen on Oct.28, 2014 @ 3:00 am, under NPB
Tags: Chiba Lotte Marines, Chihiro Kaneko, Chunichi Dragons, Daisuke Yamai, Naoki Miyanishi, Nippon Ham Fighters, Orix Buffaloes, Seibu Lions, Takumi Kuriyama, Yoshihisa Hirano, Yoshihisa Naruse
- Daisuke Yamai worked out at Nagoya Stadium on Monday and told reporters he had nothing new to say regarding his domestic FA option. Source: Nikkan Sports 10/27/2014
- Takumi Kuriyama has reportedly decided not to exercise his FA option and will remain with the Lions. Source: Nikkan Sports 10/27/2014
Chiba Lotte Marines
- Officials met Yoshihisa Naruse on Monday to continue negotiations on a new contract. No major progress was made. If Naruse decides to exercise his option, Lotte will most likely take their offer off the table. Source: Nikkan Sports 10/27/2014
- Chihiro Kaneko spoke to reporters at Hotto Motto Field Kobe on Monday and said asking the team to post him to the Majors was a possibility. He also said he was going to consider any and all options available to him. "I have always liked the atmosphere at American stadiums. I'll think about it once the [Suzuki All-Star Series] ends," said Kaneko. Source: Daily Sports 10/27/2014, Sponichi 10/27/2014 ... The Boston Red Sox are among MLB teams with interest in Kaneko. Source: Boston Glove 10/25/2014 via Sanspo 10/27/2014
- Yoshihisa Hirano spoke to reporters on Monday and indicated that he met Orix for contract negotiations, was treated with sincerity, and felt needed. He also said there was a chance he might not exercise his option. Source: Sports Hochi 10/27/2014
- Takahiro Mahara was unable to provide an update about his FA option when reporters approached him for comment on Monday. Source: Sports Hochi 10/27/2014
Nippon Ham Fighters
- Naoki Miyanishi is slated to meet team officials for contract negotiations after the Nippon Series. Source: Sponichi 10/27/2014
Comments Off on [10/27/2014] Rumors: Chihiro Kaneko (Orix), Yoshihisa Naruse (Lotte)
by Gen on Oct.16, 2014 @ 1:32 am, under NPB
Tags: Chihiro Kaneko, Ginjiro Sumitani, Orix Buffaloes, Seibu Lions, Softbank Hawks, Yoshihisa Hirano, Yoshio Itoi
- The Lions are planning to meet Ginjiro Sumitani some time before the start of fall camp on November 6. Source: Daily Sports 10/15/2014
- The Buffaloes could be preparing to offer Chihiro Kaneko a three-year deal worth as much as 1.5 billion yen (includes all performance bonuses). They may also offer Yoshihisa Hirano a three-year deal worth a maximum 1.2 billion yen (includes all performance bonuses). Source: Nikkan Sports 10/15/2014, Nikkan Sports 10/15/2014 ... Sanspo feels the deals for Kaneko and Hirano will be three years worth a base 1.2 billion yen and a total 1.0 billion yen, respectively. Source: Sanspo 10/15/2014
- Yoshio Itoi is expected to approach management about the possibilty of posting him to the Majors during the off-seson. Source: Sponichi 10/15/2014
- The Buffaloes have an interest in possible free agents Naoki Miyanishi (29) and Masanori Hayashi (31). Source: Sports Hochi 10/15/2014 ... They may also be interested in Kila Ka'aihue. Source: Tokyo Sports 10/15/2014
by Gen on Jul.01, 2014 @ 11:19 pm, under NPB
Tags: FA Option, Hiroshima Carp, Koji Aoyama, Orix Buffaloes, Rakuten Eagles, Shogo Kimura, Yoshihisa Hirano
Hiroshima's Shogo Kimura, Orix's Yoshihisa Hirano, and Rakuten's Koji Aoyama earned their domestic FA option on Tuesday with eight years of service time on the active roster.
Kimura: "It is a right I earned, so I will consider all my options."
Hirano: "I have nothing to say about the option at the time."
Aoyama: "I am grateful to the manager, coaches. I am also grateful to all the coaches I had before I turned pro."
Source: Sports Hochi 7/1/2014, Sports Hochi 7/1/2014, Sports Hochi 7/1/2014, Sponichi 7/1/2014
Comments Off on [7/1/2014] FA Options: Shogo Kimura (Hiroshima), Yoshihisa Hirano (Orix), Koji Aoyama (Rakuten)
by Gen on Mar.24, 2012 @ 11:49 pm, under NPB
Tags: Dae-Ho Lee, Orix Buffaloes, Shinya Nakayama, Yoshihisa Hirano, Yuki Nishi
Shinya Nakayama will likely make his first regular season start on March 31 against Softbank at Yahoo Dome. Yuki Nishi will likely make his on April 5 against the Nippon Ham Fighters at Sapporo Dome.
Dae-Ho Lee was officially made a Sports Tourism Meister during a ceremony at Kyocera Dome today.
Akinobu Okada was not especially happy that Yoshihisa Hirano did not use his fastball more against the Hanshin Tigers on Friday.
"[Hirano] has good velocity so I would not say anything if they hit has fastball. But [Arai] was fouling his fastball off and I do not know why he ran away and decided to go with an off-speed pitch. He needs to think about that, as does the catcher. Stuff like this can kill the outcome of the game," said Okada.
In addition to suffering a mandibular alveolar fracture, 7th round draft pick Shuhei Kojima also broke four of his bottom front teeth.
Comments Off on Orix Buffaloes: March 24, 2012
by Gen on Feb.24, 2012 @ 11:53 pm, under NPB
Tags: Cha-Seung Baek, Dae-Ho Lee, Keiji Obiki, Mamoru Kishida, OBSpring, Orix Buffaloes, Yoshihisa Hirano
|Bullpen Sessions / Batting Practice
- Yoshihisa Hirano threw thirty-six pitches in the bullpen. (Nikkan Sports)
Dae-Ho Lee spent some time signing about 100 autographs after practices today.
Yoshihisa Hirano cut his bullpen short today because of a blister on his right middle finger.
Mamoru Kishida also cut his practices short today because of tightness in his lower back. He did not go to the hospital and instead returned to the player hotel to rest. Kishida is essentially considered day-to-day.
Keiji Obiki worked on turning double plays as a second baseman during fielding practice today and also received some tips from Akinobu Okada.
Cha-Seung Baek is actually working through some right elbow tightness.
1st round draft pick Ryoichi Adachi started his rehab workouts (fracture in his right thumb) on Thursday. Adachi had surgery on his thumb in Kobe and returned to Miyakojima on Wednesday.
Comments Off on Orix Buffaloes: February 24, 2012
by Gen on Nov.09, 2011 @ 4:33 pm, under NPB
Tags: Seiichi Uchikawa, Yoshifumi Okada, Yoshihisa Hirano, Yu Darvish
The Pacific League held a board of directors meeting today and decided to issue special awards to the following four players:
Seiichi Uchikawa (SOF) - for becoming the second player in NPB history to win batting titles in both leagues
Yu Darvish (HAM) - for becoming the first pitcher in either league to record ERA's under 2.00 five years straight
Yoshihisa Hirano (ORI) - for setting a new league record for hold points with 49
Yoshifumi Okada (LOT) - for setting a new league record for consecutive chances in the outfield without committing an error
Comments Off on Pacific League to hand out four special awards