Tag: Yoshinori Sato
by Gen on Jul.12, 2014 @ 11:42 pm, under NPB
Tags: Hiroshima Carp, Ryuji Ichioka, Shoichi Ino, Wladimir Balentien, Yakult Swallows, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yoshinori Sato
- Ryuji Ichioka (right shoulder) is currently scheduled to participate in the All-Star Series. Pitching coach Yasuyuki Yamauchi told reporters Ichioka's shoulder was now fine. Source: Daily Sports 7/12/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Shoichi Ino left Friday's game against Yakult after five innings of work because of tightness in his back. He told reporters he should be okay for the All-Star Series. Source: Sponichi 7/12/2014 ... Kiyoshi Nakahata spoke to reporters on Saturday and said Ino was fine and that his back was feeling better than on Friday. Ino was taken off the active roster on Saturday, but only because he is not scheduled to get another start before the All-Star break. Source: Sports Hochi 7/12/2014
- Yoshinori Sato (right shoulder) started a Ni-gun rehab game against Yokohama on Saturday. He gave up a run on three hits over three innings of work. He topped out at 149km/h and struck out two. The one run he allowed scored in the 1st inning. He retired the side in order in the 2nd and 3rd. Source: Nikkan Sports 7/12/2014, Sanspo 7/12/2014
- Wladimir Balentien (left Achilles tendon) played in a Ni-gun rehab game against Yokohama on Saturday. He got the start in left and batted third. He went 1-for-3: G6(DP), E6, and a solo home run off Yuta Kakita in the 5th. His day ended after the 5th. Junji Ogawa told reporters he planned to call Balentien up on Sunday. Source: Nikkan Sports 7/12/2014, Sanspo 7/12/2014
by Gen on Jun.22, 2014 @ 12:02 am, under NPB
Tags: Hanshin Tigers, Hiroki Uemoto, Hiroshima Carp, Seibu Lions, Shota Dobayashi, Takeya Nakamura, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Wladimir Balentien, Yakult Swallows, Yasuhiro Ogawa, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yoshinori Sato, Yoshitomo Tsutsugo
- Hiroki Uemoto almost sat out Saturday's game against Rakuten when he took a batted ball off his right thumbnail during pre-game fielding practice. He had it taped and was able to return to practices. He ended up making the starting line-up, but coaches did consider pulling him because they were worried about his condition. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/21/2014
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka took ninety-two swings (fifty-three from the right and thirty-nine from the left) during batting practice at Naruohama on Saturday and hit one over the fence. He also took fielding practice at third. Source: Sanspo 6/21/2014
- Shota Dobayashi was taken off the active roster on May 9 with a fracture in his right ring finger. He resumed soft-toss batting practice with both hands earlier this month on the 11th. He joined Ni-gun workouts on Friday and participated in fielding practice. He also saw nine pitches from Katsuhiro Nakagawa during batting practice and recorded two could-be hits, including one that went over the fence. During a batting practice scrimmage he hit a double to right-center and walked twice in three trips to the plate against Takayuki Oshima and hit a single to left and a single to center in six plate appearances against Yuki Saito. He could play in his first Ni-gun rehab game on the 24th against Chunichi. Assuming no setbacks, he could make it back to the active roster when the regular season resumes on the 27th. Source: Daily Sports 6/21/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Yoshitomo Tsutsugo (back of right thigh) could return to the active roster on the 28th (minimum ten days). Source: Tokyo Sports 6/21/2014
- Yoshinori Sato (right shoulder) started a Ni-gun game against Nippon Ham on Saturday. He tossed a shutout inning and gave up one hit, walked one, and struck out one. This was his second rehab game. He topped out at 148km/h. Source: Sanspo 6/21/2014
- Yasuhiro Ogawa (right hand) could return to the active roster some time during a nine-game stretch that begins on July 8. He is currently scheduled to pitch in his first rehab game at Ni-gun against Yomiuri on the 27th. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/21/2014
- Wladimir Balentien (left Achilles tendon) might not be ready to return to the active roster until some time in July. Source: Sports Hochi 6/21/2014
- Takeya Nakamura did not participate in workouts at Seibu Dome on Friday because he was getting treatment for his right elbow. Nakamura started feeling discomfort in the elbow during a game against Chunichi at Nagoya Dome on Wednesday. Source: Daily Sports 6/21/2014 ... Nakamura did not take pre-game batting practice on Saturday and was left out of the starting line-up. An examination on Thursday revealed some inflammation. Source: Sports Hochi 6/21/2014, Nikkan Sports 6/21/2014
by Gen on Jun.16, 2014 @ 2:23 am, under NPB
Tags: Esteban German, Hanshin Tigers, Hiroshima Carp, Kazunari Tsuruoka, Orix Buffaloes, Ryuhei Matsuyama, Seibu Lions, Sho Aranami, Takayuki Kishi, Tony Blanco, Yakult Swallows, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yoshinori Sato
- Kazunari Tsuruoka (left side) played in a Ni-gun rehab game against Softbank on Sunday. He was the starting catcher and batted seventh. He played through to the 5th and went 1-for-2. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/15/2014
- Ryuhei Matsuyama (left knee) will be re-examined within the next couple of days. Source: Daily Sports 6/15/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Tony Blanco was taken off the active roster on Sunday after he hurt the back of his left thigh while running the bases during Saturday's game against Softbank. Source: Sanspo 6/15/2014 ... Blanco will most likely need at least one month for a full recovery. He might be able to return to the active roster some time in August. Source: Sports Hochi 6/15/2014
- Sho Aranami was also taken off the active roster on Sunday. He hurt his right calf during pre-game fielding practice. Source: Sports Hochi 6/15/2014
- Yoshinori Sato (right shoulder) pitched in a game on Saturday for the first time since April 13, 2012. Of the twenty-one pitches he threw, eleven were in the 150km/h range. For Sato to make it to the active roster, he will have to throw 100 pitches in four to five games and be ready to pitch on six days of rest. Source: Sanspo 6/15/2014
- Takayuki Kishi resumed pitching practices on Sunday. He mixed in all his pitches and threw eighty-four. If things go well, he could return to the active roster in time for a start on the 21st against Yokohama at Yokohama. Source: Sponichi 6/15/2014
- Esteban German ran into a little bad luck on Saturday: he took a batted ball off the inner portion of his left knee while running the bases in between second and third during pre-game practices; and he fouled a ball off his left foot during his at bat in the 3rd inning. Source: Sponichi 6/15/2014 ... German was left out of the starting line-up on Sunday to give him some extra time for rest and recovery. Source: Sponichi 6/15/2014, Nikkan Sports 6/15/2014
by Gen on Jun.15, 2014 @ 2:36 am, under NPB
Tags: Chunichi Dragons, Hanshin Tigers, Hiroshima Carp, Motonobu Tanishige, Ren Nakata, Ryuhei Matsuyama, Sho Aranami, Tony Blanco, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Yakult Swallows, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yoshinori Sato
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka will probably get to play in at least six Ni-gun rehab games. He could return to the active roster when the regular season resumes on the 27th. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/14/2014 ... Nishioka played in a Ni-gun game against Softbank on Saturday. He was the starting designated hitter and batted lead-off. He went 2-for-3: single to right, ground out to short, double to right. Source: Sports Hochi 6/14/2014, Daily Sports 6/14/2014
- Ren Nakata was hit by a baseball during pre-game practices on Saturday. Nakata was working out in the outfield during batting practice when a batted ball struck him on the right side of the head after it glanced off the area near his left wrist. Daily Sports 6/14/2014 ... Nakata was taken to a hospital in Narashino, Chiba for an examination. He never lost consciousness and had some swelling in the wrist. He was diagnosed with a bruise and still made it back to the stadium in time for a relief appearance in the 8th. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/14/2014, Nikkan Sports 6/14/2014
- Ryuhei Matsuyama was taken off the active roster on Saturday with an injury to his left anterior cruciate ligament. Source: Sports Hochi 6/14/2014
- Motonobu Tanishige felt pain in his left thigh as he ran out a grounder in the top of the 2nd inning of Saturday's game against Orix. He was replaced on defense in the bottom half of the inning. There are no plans to take him off the active roster at this point in time. Source: Sports Hochi 6/14/2014, Nikkan Sports 6/14/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Tony Blanco had to be replaced by a pinch-runner when he hurt the back of his left thigh while running the bases in the top of the 7th. The Bay Stars might end up taking him off the active roster. ... Sho Aranami tweaked his right calf during pre-game workouts on Saturday. He is considered day-to-day. Source: Sports Hochi 6/14/2014
by Gen on Jun.14, 2014 @ 1:17 am, under NPB
Tags: Hanshin Tigers, Hiroshima Carp, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Yakult Swallows, Yoshinori Sato, Yoshiyuki Ishihara
- There is a chance Tsuyoshi Nishioka could be added to the active roster before the end of Inter-league play. Source: Sanspo 6/13/2014 ... Nishioka played in a Ni-gun rehab game against Softbank on Friday. He was the starting designated hitter and batted lead-off. He went 0-for-3: Ks, Ks, G4. The Tigers are planning to give Nishioka at least about twenty trips to the plate before considering him for the active roster. He will also have to be ready to play defense. Source: Sports Hochi 6/13/2014, Daily Sports 6/13/2014, Nikkan Sports 6/13/2014
- Ryuhei Matsuyama hurt his left knee while attempting to make a leaping catch in the 6th inning. He was removed after the play and taken to a hospital in Tokyo where he was diagnosed with an injury to his anterior cruciate ligament. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/13/2014
- Yoshiyuki Ishihara was taken off the active roster on Friday with pain in his right shoulder. Source: Sports Hochi 6/13/2014, Nikkan Sports 6/13/2014
- Yoshinori Sato (right shoulder) could pitch in his first Ni-gun rehab practice game on the 14th against the Futures. If he does, it will be his first game since April 13, 2012. Whether or not he pitches will depend on how he is feeling that day. Source: Sanpso 6/13/2014
by Gen on May.05, 2014 @ 11:54 pm, under NPB
Tags: Dae-Ho Lee, Hanshin Tigers, Hiroki Uemoto, Orix Buffaloes, Softbank Hawks, Wily Mo Pena, Wladimir Balentien, Yakult Swallows, Yoshinori Sato
- Wladimir Balentien was left out of the starting line-up on Monday because of tightness in the adductor muscle in his right leg. Source: Daily Sports 5/5/2014
- Yoshinori Sato threw twenty pitches, all fastballs, in the bullpen on Sunday. It was his first session with a squatting catcher since spring camp. Source: Sanspo 5/5/2014
- Dae-Ho Lee fouled a ball off his left foot during pre-game batting practice on Sunday. He made the starting line-up against Rakuten, but was replaced on defense in the 6th as a precaution (there was still some swelling). Source: Daily Sports 5/5/2014
- Wily Mo Pena was replaced by a pinch-hitter in the 5th of Monday's game against Lotte because of pain in his lower back. Pena may have tweaked the area when he swung the bat during his plate appearance in the 3rd. The Buffaloes will wait to see how he is feeling on Tuesday before deciding what to do next. Source: Sponichi 5/5/2014
by Gen on Feb.28, 2014 @ 7:55 am, under NPB
Tags: Yakult Swallows, Yoshinori Sato
Sanspo posted an interview with Yoshinori Sato on Tuesday that was conducted by Daisuke Araki.
Araki: It must be fun being able to throw hard.
Yoshinori: Yes. I can't even begin to say how much better things are in comparison to how things were during camp last year. I was at place where I didn't even want to play catch if I felt the slightest hint of uncertainty. I also didn't like throwing in the rain. The pain is gone now and I always want the ball because I'm having so much fun.
Araki: That's really important because if there's something holding you back, it'll show when you pitch. Is there anything you're afraid of throwing?
Yoshinori: No. I think I actually have a better feel in the tips of my fingers for breaking pitches, they seem easier to throw.
Araki: You also threw some sliders.
Yoshinori: Sometimes I get better rotation in my hips when I throw the fastball after I throw the slider.
Araki: When you throw a breaking pitch, you hold things back a little. That might be helping [the fastball]. For me, it was the curve. Those are the kinds of things you need to figure out by yourself.
Araki: What are your plans moving forward?
Yoshinori: I think I need to get my pitch count up to about a hundred. I think I'll have to throw a hundred or more three or four time before I start facing hitters. Maybe pitch in a live environment near the end of March and build things up by pitching in Ni-gun games.
Source: Sanspo 2/25/2014
by Gen on Aug.03, 2013 @ 8:18 am, under NPB
Tags: Chunichi Dragons, Hanshin Tigers, Hector Luna, Hiroki Uemoto, Injuries, Kosuke Fukudome, Shota Takeda, Softbank Hawks, Takeshi Hidaka, Yakult Swallows, Yoshinori Sato
Hector Luna (left knee) played in a Ni-gun rehab game against Yomiuri on Friday. He started at third and batted third. He went 0-for-2 with a strikeout.
Source: Sponichi 8/3/2013
Yoshinori Sato (right shoulder) started playing catch on Friday -- ten minutes at a distance of twenty meters. It was the first time he played catch in about four months. The distances will be expanded at five meter intervals moving forward. His goal is to be at 100% for spring camp next year.
Source: Sanspo 8/2/2013
Takeshi Hidaka (left hamstring) took outdoor batting practice at Narouhama on Friday for the first time since he got hurt. There is no more internal bleeding or swelling. He is slated to begin workouts as a catcher in the bullpen within the next couple of days.
Source: Sanspo 8/3/2013
Kosuke Fukudome visited a hospital on Thursday for a regular check-up on his left knee and was told he was making good progress. He will slowly increase his rehab workload and will attempt to play in his first Ni-gun rehab game on the 6th against Softbank at Naruohama.
Source: Sanspo 8/2/2013
On Friday, Fukudome took about an hour of batting practice. He will take situational batting practice today.
Hiroki Uemoto (left ankle) is also scheduled to participate in situational batting practice today.
Source: Sports Hochi 8/3/2013
Shota Takeda (cramp in right calf during last start on July 31) should be ok to make his next start on the 7th against Lotte at YafuOku Dome.
Source: Sanspo 8/1/2013
by Gen on Jul.20, 2013 @ 3:51 pm, under NPB
Tags: Chunichi Dragons, Injuries, Kazuki Yoshimi, Seibu Lions, Takeya Nakamura, Yakult Swallows, Yoshinori Sato
Kazuki Yoshimi attended the players association meeting in Sapporo on Friday and told reporters that he was making good progress on his recovery from right elbow surgery (Tommy John and a cleaning) on June 4 and was still hoping to make it back to a point where he can play catch before the end of the year and perhaps return to the active roster some time during the first half of the 2014 season.
Source: Nikkan Sports 7/20/2013
Yoshinori Sato (cleaned out right shoulder in April) could begin playing some catch today. It seems unlikely that he will be able to make a comeback this season.
Source: Sponichi 7/20/2013
Takeya Nakamura rejoined the Ichi-gun team for workouts today at Seibu Dome. Nakamura is expected to begin playing in rehab games some time in August.
Source: Sponichi 7/20/2013
by Gen on Apr.05, 2013 @ 9:33 pm, under NPB
Tags: Yakult Swallows, Yoshinori Sato
The Swallows announced today that Yoshinori Sato will have his right shoulder cleaned out at a hospital in Yokohama on the 11th. He will most likely require about six months for a full recovery. There is a chance he will miss the season.
Yoshinori has not pitched in an Ichi-gun game since he first complained of shoulder tightness in September 2011. The decision to have surgery was made because he was not making significant progress in his recovery.
Source: Nikkan Sports 4/5/2013, Daily Sports 4/5/2013, Sponichi 4/5/2013