Tag: Yuya Kubo
by Gen on Sep.01, 2014 @ 1:52 am, under NPB
Tags: Bryan Bullington, Hiroshima Carp, Masayuki Kuwahara, Scott Mathieson, Tomoyuki Sugano, Tsubasa Aizawa, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yomiuri Giants, Yoshitomo Tsutsugo, Yuya Kubo
- Yuya Kubo left Sunday's game against the Yokohama Bay Stars with discomfort in his right leg. He was throwing practice pitches before the bottom of the 6th when he felt something in his right calf. He left the field for treatment but was unable to return. Source: Daily Sports 8/31/2014, Nikkan Sports 8/31/2014 ... Kubo had no trouble walking after the game and told reporters it was a cramp. Source: Sponichi 8/31/2014
- Tomoyuki Sugano (right middle finger) tossed a bullpen session at Giants Stadium on Sunday. He threw fifty-four pitches. It was the first time he threw to a squatting catcher since he was taken off the active roster. Source: Nikkan Sports 8/31/2014
- Scott Mathieson was hit by a batted ball during Saturday's game against Yokohama and developed a bruise on his right calf. He was not available to pitch on Sunday. Source: Sponichi 8/31/2014
- Bryan Bullington was removed from Sunday's game against the Chunichi Dragons with discomfort in his right elbow. He was replaced immediately after giving up a three-run home run to Hector Luna in the 5th. Source: Daily Sports 8/31/2014 ... Bullington told reporters the tightness in his forearm started getting worse in the 3rd. Source: Nikkan Sports 8/31/2014
- Tsubasa Aizawa hurt his right leg in the 3rd inning -- he hit a ball to right and took a wide turn at first but could not continue and slid back into the bag while grabbing his right hamstring. He was replaced by a pinch-runner and taken to a hospital in Nagoya where he was diagnosed with a thigh muscle injury. Source: Daily Sports 8/31/2014, Daily Sports 8/31/2014, Nikkan Sports 8/31/2014 ... Aizawa had to be carried off the field. Source: Sponichi 8/31/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Masayuki Kuwahara was hit by a pitch from Yuki Egarashi on the left side of the head in the 7th inning of Sunday's game against the Yomiuri Giants. Source: Daily Sports 8/31/2014, Nikkan Sports 8/31/2014 ... Kuwahara was taken to a hospital in Yokohama for tests and diagnosed with a contusion on the left side of his head. He will remain on the active roster for the time being. Source: Daily Sports 8/31/2014
- Yoshitomo Tsutsugo (injuries from a collision play in the outfield) is scheduled to play in two rehab games at Ni-gun on September 3 and 4. If everything is okay, he could make the active roster in time for the Hiroshima series that begins on September 5 at Yokohama. Source: Daily Sports 8/31/2014
Comments Off on [8/31/2014] Injury Report: Tsubasa Aizawa (Hiroshima), Masayuki Kuwahara (Yokohama)
by Gen on Jul.30, 2013 @ 9:08 am, under NPB
Tags: Daiki Enokida, Hanshin Tigers, Injuries, Kosuke Fukudome, Wladimir Balentien, Yakult Swallows, Yomiuri Giants, Yuya Kubo
Yuya Kubo (reconstructive surgery on right elbow in May 2012) could return to the active roster some time next month. He has already pitched in four Ni-gun rehab games.
Source: Daily Sports 7/30/2013
Junji Ogawa told reporters on Monday that Wladimir Balentien (lower back pain) should be ok to return to the starting line-up today.
Source: Sanspo 7/30/2013
Daiki Enokida was reportedly taken off the active roster on Monday with discomfort in his left elbow. According to reports, the discomfort is in the same elbow he had surgery on in September 2012.
The Tigers will most likely limit Tsuyoshi Nishioka's playing time because of his nagging left knee pain.
Source: Sports Hochi 7/29/2013
Kosuke Fukudome (left knee) is scheduled to take some situational batting practice at Naruohama when the Ni-gun teams head out for a three-game road trip that begins on August 2. If Fukudome does not experience any problems, he could play in his first rehab game during a three-game series against the Ni-gun Softbank Hawks at Naruohama that begins on August 6. He will most likely begin as a designated hitter.
Source: Daily Sports 7/29/2013
Comments Off on [7/30/2013] Injury Updates: Kubo (YOM), Balentien (YAK), Enokida, Fukudome (HAN)
by Gen on May.29, 2012 @ 6:09 pm, under NPB
Tags: Yomiuri Giants, Yuya Kubo
The Giants announced that Yuya Kubo had ligament reconstruction surgery on his right elbow today. The surgery went off without any complications. Kubo is expected to miss about a year.
Comments Off on Yomiuri Giants: Yuya Kubo has reconstructive surgery on his right elbow
by Gen on May.18, 2012 @ 10:50 pm, under NPB
Tags: Yomiuri Giants, Yuya Kubo
The media learned today that Yuya Kubo is scheduled to undergo right elbow ligament reconstruction surgery some time this month. The team does not expect Kubo to return this season.
Comments Off on Yomiuri Giants: Yuya Kubo to undergo right elbow surgery some time this month
by Gen on Mar.23, 2012 @ 11:59 pm, under NPB
Tags: Shuichi Murata, Tetsuya Utsumi, Yomiuri Giants, Yuya Kubo
Tetsuya Utsumi's start was rained out today. He will pitch on Saturday. Yuya Kubo is also slated to pitch on Saturday.
Shuichi Murata told reporters today that he was looking forward to playing against his former team, the Yokohama Bay Stars, at Yokohama on Saturday, even though he might get booed.
Tatsunori Hara is planning to replace full-team preparation meetings with individual player meetings -- since the CL will be going with starting pitcher announcements this year, prep meetings can be more focused.
The Giants announced today that they set up an investigation committee to look into the document leak that led to six players being outed by Asahi Shimbun.
Head coach Kaoru Okazaki told reporters on Thursday that the line-up the team used on Wednesday will most likely be the one they go with during the regular season (at least, a version based on it).
The line-up from Wednesday: Hayato Sakamoto (SS), John Bowker (LF), Hisayoshi Chono (CF), Murata (3B), Yoshinobu Takahashi (RF), Shinnosuke Abe (C), Michihiro Ogasawara (1B), Yoshitomo Tani (DH), Takayuki Terauchi (2B).
====== UPDATE 3/24 @ 12:28am
To clarify, the investigation committee was not necessarily set up to find out who was behind the document leak, but to review current policy on how the team handles documents with players and to ensure that private documents remain private moving forward.
Comments Off on Yomiuri Giants: March 23, 2012
by Gen on Mar.21, 2012 @ 11:57 pm, under NPB
Tags: Hiroki Sanada, Yomiuri Giants, Yoshihito Ishii, Yuya Kubo
|Bullpen Sessions / Batting Practice
- Hiroki Sanada threw 36 pitches in the bullpen, with a focus on fastballs. (Nikkan Sports)
The Giants introduced their new arrivals before their game against the Yakult Swallows: Toshiya Sugiuchi, Shuichi Murata, Takayuki Takaguchi, John Bowker, D.J. Houlton, and 4th round draft pick Kyosuke Takagi.
Yoshihito Ishii was taking things slow since he started feeling lower back pains during an exhibition game against the Softbank Hawks on March 9. He joined the Ni-gun team today for general practices today and told reporters that he no longer felt any pain.
Assuming no problems, Yuya Kubo's next outing could come against the Yokohama Bay Stars on March 24.
Comments Off on Yomiuri Giants: March 21, 2012
by Gen on Mar.14, 2012 @ 11:59 pm, under NPB
Tags: D.J. Houlton, Daisuke Fujimura, Scott Mathieson, Shun Tono, Yomiuri Giants, Yoshihito Ishii, Yuya Kubo
|Bullpen Sessions / Batting Practice
- Shun Tono threw fifty-one pitches in the bullpen. (Nikkan Sports)
- Yuya Kubo threw sixty-one pitches in the bullpen. (Nikkan Sports)
The Giants decided to demote Daisuke Fujimura and Tetsuya Matsumoto due to their struggles at the plate.
Yuya Kubo tossed a bullpen session at Giants Stadium today and could pitch in a Challenge Match game on March 20.
Shun Tono tossed a bullpen session today for the first time since he felt some tightness in his right shoulder during his last start against the Hiroshima Carp on March 6. Tono told reporters he felt a little tightness after the session, but no pain.
Yoshihito Ishii is currently working his way back from lower back pains at Ni-gun. He kept his workouts light at Giants Stadium today and told reporters that he was feeling much better and a little more rested.
Scott Mathieson worked out for about two hours at Giants Stadium today (running, bullpen). Mathieson will most likely
D.J. Houlton's next start will likely be against the Seibu Lions at Seibu Dome on March 17.
The Giants would ideally like to go with a five-man rotation pitching on five days of rest up until the start of Inter-league play instead of a six-man rotation pitching on six days of rest. In other words, have their best pitchers start as many games as possible to put their team as many games above 500 as possible before the start of Inter-league play.
Comments Off on Yomiuri Giants: March 14, 2012
by Gen on Mar.05, 2012 @ 11:35 pm, under NPB
Tags: Dicky Gonzalez, Shun Tono, Yomiuri Giants, Yuya Kubo
Shun Tono worked out at Giants Stadium today. He is scheduled to start and toss four to five innings in tomorrow's exhibition game against the Hiroshima Carp.
Yuya Kubo faced live hitters for about ten minutes during indoor workouts today.
Tatsunori Hara spoke to reporters at Haneda Airport today and said that the team will figure out his comeback schedule after they have a chance to see him pitche in a Ni-gun game on March 20.
The Giants called up Jin Nakatani and sent Tomoya Ichikawa down to Ni-gun today.
Tatsunori Hara has been messing around with the batting order. His next version will likely be, for the top half: Hayato Sakamoto, John Bowker, Hisayoshi Chono, Shinnosuke Abe, and Shuichi Murata.
Nikkan Sports and Sponichi figure Tetsuya Utsumi and Hirokazu Sawamura will pitch in the home opener (March 30 - April 1 vs Yakult at Tokyo Dome) and Toshiya Sugiuchi and D.J. Houlton in the road opener (April 3 - April 5 vs Hiroshima at Mazda Stadium).
Sponichi also adds that Ryosuke Miyaguni could start the final game of the home opener.
Kyoiku League game vs Rakuten on Sunday: Dicky Gonzalez tossed three shutout innings while allowing two hits; Taishi Ota started in center and batted first and went 0-for-4. (Sponichi)
Comments Off on Yomiuri Giants: March 5, 2012
by Gen on Mar.01, 2012 @ 11:57 pm, under NPB
Tags: Toshiya Sugiuchi, Yomiuri Giants, Yuya Kubo
The Giants held full-squad workouts at Giants Stadium today. Workouts took place indoors and the session was closed off to reporters after warm-ups. Practices lasted about an hour and a half and included working on plays requiring signs.
Yuya Kubo, currently with the Ni-gun team, worked out at Giants Stadium on his day off today. Assuming no problems, he could pitch in game-like conditions some time within the next few days.
Toshiya Sugiuchi will start Saturday's exhibition game against the Seibu Lions. His next start will likely come against the Softbank Hawks on March 9. After that, either March 17 against the Seibu Lions or March 18 against the Chiba Lotte Marines. He will not be pitching against the Hanshin Tigers on March 11.
Strategy coach Hideki Hashigami will be focusing on three things when scouting other CL teams:
- check on left-handed pitchers that gave the team trouble last season,
- check on new talent (foreign or members of the 2011 draft),
- check on players that are playing new positions
The Ni-gun Giants closed out spring camp on Wednesday.
Giants Stadium in Kawasaki was covered in about eight centimeters of snow on Wednesday.
Comments Off on Yomiuri Giants: March 1, 2012
by Gen on Feb.10, 2012 @ 11:59 pm, under NPB
Tags: Hirokazu Sawamura, John Bowker, Ryosuke Miyaguni, Scott Mathieson, Tetsuya Utsumi, YGSpring, Yomiuri Giants, Yuya Kubo
|Bullpen Sessions / Batting Practice
- Yuya Kubo threw twenty-one pitches to a standing catcher. (Daily Sports)
- Tetsuya Utsumi threw 161 pitches in the bullpen. (Sanspo)
- Yuya Kubo threw forty-one pitches to a standing catcher in the bullpen. This was his first session since the start of spring camp; he was at about 60%. (Sanspo)
- Ryosuke Miyaguni faced Michihiro Ogasawara and Hayato Sakamoto during batting practice allowed three could-be hits on forty-nine pitches. He threw 26 pitches to Sakamoto and allowed one could-be hit. Miyaguni threw his fastballs at 60-70%. (Sanspo)
- Hirokazu Sawamura faced Shinnosuke Abe and Kazunari Sanematsu during batting practice and allowed two could-be hits on forty-nine pitches. (Nikkan Sports)
The Ichi-gun Giants had the day off today.
John Bowker and Scott Mathieson visited an eel restaurant on their day off today and ate eel for lunch. They also had a chance to grab eels with their bare hands.
Yuya Kubo will focus on his workouts/rehab and remain at Ni-gun spring camp for the rest of this month.
Kubo plans to toss one or two more bullpens during the current block, which ends on February 15.
Tetsuya Utsumi wanted to throw 200 pitches during his bullpen session on Thursday but instead stopped at 161 pitches because he was feeling tired.
Ryosuke Miyaguni is scheduled to pitch two innings during an intra-squad game on February 12. He may also pitch an inning during an exhibition game against Hanshin on February 19.
Hirokazu Sawamura is scheduled to pitch in an intrad-squad game on February 14 and start an exhibition game against the Hanshin Tigers on February 19.
Nikkan Sports figures the first four spots in the starting rotation will go to, in no particular order, Toshiya Sugiuchi, Utsumi, Sawamura, and D.J. Houlton. The remaining two spots could go to Shun Tono, Dicky Gonzalez, or Miyaguni.
The Yomiuri Giants announced today that they raised 8,947,208 yen through the online charity auction they held between December 11 and January 17. The entire amount will be donated to relief efforts in northern Japan.
Top three uniforms:
- Autographed Tatsunori Hara uniform - 675,000 yen
- Autographed Yoshinobu Takahashi uniform - 648,000 yen
- Autographed Michihiro Ogasawara uniform - 543,000 yen
====== UPDATE 2/11 @ 2:07am
If Miyaguni does not pitch on February 12, he could pitch two innings during an intra-squad game on February 14.
Comments Off on Yomiuri Giants: February 10, 2012